Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shattered Wargames with 12 million Prime silvers as the prize

Default Shattered Wargames with 12 million Prime silvers as the prize

Shattered wargames. I plan to do this at least once a year going forward in Shattered.

Prize logistics:

I hand the prize money (25m silvers in Prime) to a trusted 3rd party (Ardwen, Jeril, whoever is chosen by PC poll)

THERE IS NO COST TO ENTERING THE CONTEST.

If you are not experienced with scripting AFK I highly recommend you do NOT enter the contest.

First place: 20m Prime silvers
    Second place: 5m Prime silvers
    Third place: scripted spidersilk cloak in Prime

How do I register?

1. Show up in TSC of Wehnimers, GC or the dais in Illistim. (I will have 2 characters online)
    2. I attack your character with 0 AS / closed fist to ensure the "new players are protected" message is up.
    3. Your profession title is on and title is displayed generically (Warrior, Rogue, etc)

Available times for registration: (EASTERN TIME)

7:30pm-midnight on 8/1/2014
    8:30am-12 noon on 8/2/2014

What is required to win?

1. Check in on the fame boards by the cutoff point to be considered eligible to win. You cannot win if you are not checked in on the fame board.

Cutoff point to check in on fame boards: Sunday, August 31st at 8pm

In the event of a tie (people are the same level) the person with the higher amount of fame will be the winner.

Contest rules:

1. Empaths / Clerics are NOT eligible for the contest.
    2. There must be at least 15 unique participants (not 1 guy with 10 accs) for me to run the contest.

If you are interested in this, please PM me and post here. I'm putting a little of my own cash on the line so we can have some fun in Shattered and revive that atmosphere we experienced in Summer of 2010.

My participation:

1. I will not be in the running to win the contest.
    2. Expect to be griefed, annoyed, hunted, etc, by the denizens of Shattered or any random people who re-activate.
    3. I personally will only be attacking those who seem to be attacking the participants. Don't expect safety unless you're rather crafty with resting locations. Stealth will be key.
    4. I will be running a script with Jaeden to provide 100 and 600 circle spells at GC and TSC in Wehnimer's landing.
    5. I will be running a script with Disk to provide healing at GC and TSC in Wehnimer's landing.

Looking forward to adventuring with you,

-Drew

CURRENT PLAYERS PARTICIPATING:
    Last edited by Luftstreitkräfte; 07-04-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    Guro Inosanto - Filipino Martial Arts Demo at the Smithsonian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKZuS8c7rM

But what if I don't want your prime silvers?
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    But what if I don't want your prime silvers?
    Take the cash equivalent.

so.. technically speaking, i could just roll up a newbie and run around with my bard and slaughter people so they cant hunt and keep myself in first? this sounds waaaay to easy

i feel like i just repeated what you stated.. but i just want to clarify for myself to make sure i didnt misunderstand
    Last edited by Snoopy Dogg; 08-02-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    -The Original Shattered Snoopy

-Prime: Anedrin/Timbalt/Kayzo/Kazooe

Using high level character to rig the contest seems more than a little lame. Also, what about new folks around there who don't want to participate and are just trying to level up. The wargame will be very annoying for them and could cause them to leave Shattered feeling very unwelcome. We are finally having a resurgence of new folks in the game, and it would be a shame to lose anyone over this. Why don't you pick someplace like Ta'Valor or RR, to do the game, someplace far less populated with innocent bystanders?

I was thinking about rolling up a monk for 30 days just to try it out, but it would suck to be in the middle of that and suddenly become a target for a bunch of high level characters.

Now, if you wanted to make it open season among the low-level characters and provided all the players with good KoS scripts so that they would all have a decent chance of adequately fighting back, then that could be pretty interesting, but again, you'd need to do it in some way that people not playing wouldn't get targeted.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Dogg View Post
    so.. technically speaking, i could just roll up a newbie and run around with my bard and slaughter people so they cant hunt and keep myself in first? this sounds waaaay to easy

i feel like i just repeated what you stated.. but i just want to clarify for myself to make sure i didnt misunderstand
    Hmmm, indeed, no one else would try to either implement or defend against this strategy, so... you'll definitely be the #1 winner.

I think everyone else would just try to like... hunt roltons all month? With a ruby amulet? Just in case?

not sure how much a ruby amulet would help against an old magic user... not many capped swingers around.
    even then.. still dont think it'd help much against a capped swinger, AS would be way over any defense a newb could achieve

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by doughal View Post
    Using high level character to rig the contest seems more than a little lame. Also, what about new folks around there who don't want to participate and are just trying to level up. The wargame will be very annoying for them and could cause them to leave Shattered feeling very unwelcome. We are finally having a resurgence of new folks in the game, and it would be a shame to lose anyone over this. Why don't you pick someplace like Ta'Valor or RR, to do the game, someplace far less populated with innocent bystanders?

I was thinking about rolling up a monk for 30 days just to try it out, but it would suck to be in the middle of that and suddenly become a target for a bunch of high level characters.

Now, if you wanted to make it open season among the low-level characters and provided all the players with good KoS scripts so that they would all have a decent chance of adequately fighting back, then that could be pretty interesting, but again, you'd need to do it in some way that people not playing wouldn't get targeted.
    People that participate in this would probably be wise to spread out in order to avoid such problems. I would imagine TV would have a couple as well as the other nub areas.

Pretty tough to police high-level ganking. It's kinda to be expected for something like this, being Shattered and all.

no one has to worry about me participating though.. im not paying for a new character slot and spending a whole month leveling something ill just delete at the end. i still have 2 uncapped characters that need to be worked on.

i have to give you some props on the idea of this though jaeden.. as much as you are a annoying in game, this is a pretty decent idea with a nice bit of prize prime coin for the winner.
    Last edited by Snoopy Dogg; 08-02-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doughal View Post

If a high level character got involved they would risk the ire of other high level players. KOS, whatever. I see people using invis amulets and doing a lot of gem bounties to try to win. But then you need gems... MUAHAHAHAHA.

And yes, Jaeden is gonna be huntin' for your BLOOD if I see you multi accounting with capped people. I will protect solo newbs and provide spells/healing/sanctuary in wehnimer's landing and GC. People who post their char name will get 618 611 617 202 101 107 103 at GC / Wehnimer.

THE CONTEST IS ON BOYS!!!

PM ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTED. IF 10 PEOPLE REGISTER THIS WILL GO FORWARD.

Registration list added to original post. FREE ENTRY. You can take cash as the prize if you wish, with $10 per as conversion rate.
    Last edited by Luftstreitkräfte; 08-02-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    Guro Inosanto - Filipino Martial Arts Demo at the Smithsonian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKZuS8c7rM