Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Profanity... a terminal frontend

Quote Originally Posted by Samire View Post
    Is it possible for Profanity to recognize lich commands or alternatively have a lich script push information into a window other then 'main'?
    Not sure. My most basic hacking instincts tell me to run some script and somehow reload it every so-often, and modify the script with some external code directly. It does not sound elegant, but one wonders if it can work...

Also, as I mention on the gswiki article, lich does push information to another window other than Profanity already. It spills it to the terminal which launches Profanity rather than the game feed. ;bigshot and ;zzherb are doing this.

So, you may be able to exploit this as "a feature, not a bug".

Looking deeper into Profanity, one can see how it decides window sizes, and where to push stuff. It does this somewhat automagically (there is no death feed if the terminal is too small for it), but you can modify its numbers and logic. My deathbot is still offline, but I used Profanity to yank the death messages and throw them through twurl and post on twitter.

So, these kinds of things are very do-able. It depends much on what you want and what easy hacks you can accept (or, how much digging and research you are willing to do).

you can use `pushStream` and push things wherever you want with your scripts as you can define arbitrary windows for a given stream id.

I don't do this much and instead prefer to just have quite a few `<preset>` tags that I use for custom reporting levels & highlights when I am working on complicated stuff.

But I can see how it might be nice for Arena or something.
    Last edited by m444w; 12-18-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    Player Of:
    Ondreian

High-End For Sale