Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sloot4

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoldamn View Post
    How about an option to stash your boxes in your locker, for those of us who'd like to bring them to PC locksmiths?
    Sounds like a good idea.

Guessing I'd need a variable option to turn this on, and another to indicate the room number of the locker to deposit in. The feature wouldn't be that hard to write, but handling all the possible error scenarios would be more difficult. i.e. locker room is occupied, locker is full, locker is blocked by debt. I'll have to look and see if there is a script already written to automate using lockers and if so it would make the whole thing easier. If there isn't I might write a locker manager script to encapsulate those functionalities and then just use it with sloot4.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Ohh you're right .. my bad

How about along with the container you sell or drop every item you have a container which nothing is sold or dropped from?
    Not a bad idea. Something along the lines of "Junk containers" and "Protected Containers". Will add it to my hit list.

There is a jloot3 in the repo I've been using vs sloot2/sloot3. Maybe start with it as it seems to be more the most feature complete sloot derivative already on the repo?

I've only really used sloot2 so forgive me if this is already in sloot3, but a few things come to mind:

1) Sloot sell returns you to the room you started in. An option to set which room you end up in instead would be nice.
    2) If your cloak is full and you are holding a container in your right hand, sloot2 gets a bit borked and doesn't seem to know quite what to do with itself.
    3) Picking up boxes it throws away if it gets a "there's something valuable" message, i.e something that the script doesn't recognize as loot but might be worthwhile and requires player judgement?
    4) A way to keep gems over X value for deeds or various other purposes.
    Last edited by Chilango2; 07-07-2013 at 08:03 AM.

How about instead of selling junk Jewelery to the pawnshop, it runs to the gem shop for the extra little bump.

Dumb question: I havent downloaded or ever used Sloot. What does it do?
    Thym, 21 warrior. Coraesine Weapons are my friend.

Slocan, 100 Ranger

Jynai, 100 Empath

-Looking for my old character (Orbstar DE Wizard)

Quote Originally Posted by Jace Solo View Post
    How about instead of selling junk Jewelery to the pawnshop, it runs to the gem shop for the extra little bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilango2 View Post
    I've only really used sloot2 so forgive me if this is already in sloot3, but a few things come to mind:

1) Sloot sell returns you to the room you started in. An option to set which room you end up in instead would be nice.
    2) If your cloak is full and you are holding a container in your right hand, sloot2 gets a bit borked and doesn't seem to know quite what to do with itself.
    3) Picking up boxes it throws away if it gets a "there's something valuable" message, i.e something that the script doesn't recognize as loot but might be worthwhile and requires player judgement?
    4) A way to keep gems over X value for deeds or various other purposes.

@Jace, don't have to sell jewelry at all. I always appraise it and then check for enhancives if its 35k+. I sell at the gemshop manually.

@Chilango2
    3) Just have it dump boxes in your container before trashing them. It's not that hard to throw away that chipped brick later.
    4) Isn't it easier just to add "uncut" or another pattern to your sell exceptions?

I dont know how many people would use this.

Some mobs drop items that sloot3 automatically ignores such as the default weapon/armor. Some of those could be worth a decent amount. Would it be possible to have an include list, where if one of those items drop sloot will consider it normal loot and pick it up?
    If you shoot for the stars you will burn up in the atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Orbstar View Post
    Dumb question: I havent downloaded or ever used Sloot. What does it do?
    Works a lot like ;loot, except a better setup system and it's a lot more discriminatory. Also automatically sells the loot you pick up. ;loot just automatically loots and skins your kills. Sloot does the same thing but also sorts your loot according to your setup settings.
    Last edited by Wheelerm; 07-09-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    A Vvrael witch shudders, her form suddenly contracting convulsively.
    The ground beneath your feet suddenly frosts and rumbles violently!
    [SMR result: 93 (Open d100: -32, Bonus: 61)]
    You dodge out of the way!
    !SPR>sta
    ...wait 4 seconds.
    !SPR>
    Icy stalagmites burst from the ground beneath you!
    [SMR result: 213 (Open d100: 88, Bonus: 61)]
    ... 55 points of damage!
    Incredible strike pierces your heart and runs you clean through!

It seems you have died, my friend.

Blog Entries

There was another app on the repo that I used to use for gem sales aptly named ;orbappraise... I'd love to see this functionality built into Sloot4... basically, assign a silver threshold, and then it will separate out those higher tier gems for sale at a later time. Great for bards.

You know... while we're compiling wishlists.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.