Thread: ADV Badge

Default ADV Badge

I'm finally getting around to making a badge. This is what I've got: The linen badge is bound with polished copper and bears the legend, "The Adventurer's Guild". Beneath are the embossed images of a single coin on the left side and a worn pair of hiking boots on the right, with a quartz crystal mounted between them.

I want to set it up so that I can absorb more exp per pulse but am a total newb about this stuff.

I do know that I should upgrade it evenly and probably make it logic enhansive. Right now my logic is Logic (LOG): 64 (7). It seems that getting a bonus of 20 is a pretty good target because it will allow for a bigger exp pool and absorption rate along with helping forging.

There are 5 pieces to upgrade. Does it cost Bounty Points to make the upgrades or do they just determine how many bounty points it takes to charge it?

I don't totally understand this either: Enhancive Bonuses: Every 5 badge upgrades permit an enhancive bonus of +1 to any skill rank or stat bonus, or +2 to any skill bonus or stat. It also suspected that the badge rounds up at 3, 8, 12, etc upgrades such that skill bonuses and stats can have odd numbered bonuses.

To get +13 to logic bonus I'd probably need to make 26 upgrades? Is the correct?

Blog Entries

I thought research showed in order to maximize the size of an available bonus you want to upgrade one component as far as possible before moving onto the next. If you want to unlock multiple bonuses at once you upgrade evenly.

In terms of experience absorption, you're on the right track with logic.

You do not spend points to upgrade your badge, only to charge it. You simply earn more unlocks the more your overall BP total grows.

Your badge will not provide you with +13 Logic bonus. I think it caps out well before that point.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

A couple questions in here that you raised.

1) It does not cost Bounty Points to upgrade your badge. It does an evaluation of bounty points used for upgrades versus total bounty points earned. Each upgrade is 10k BP per tier... Wait... what? Let me give an example
    I've upgraded Motif and Device once each. I've upgraded Gem twice
    So, the motif and device both 'cost' 10k each. The gem upgrades 'cost' 10k and then 20k
    In order to get to this tier of upgrades, I must have earned a total of 50k BP.

2) So, in explaining 'every 5 badge upgrades permit an enhancive bonus', take a look at my previous example, that was a total of 4 upgrades, at the 'cost' of 50k bp. If you were to also upgrade the material and the binding by 1 tier rather than the 2nd tier of gem, you'd have received a total of 5 upgrades for the 50k 'cost'. That's why upgrading them evenly produces the highest possible outcome.

3) You're overestimating the strength and ease of the advbadge growth, a rounded 5 upgrades yields +1 Log Bonus. To get to +13 Log Bonus, you'd need 5*13: 65 upgrades... which I think is either beyond max, or max.

4) Re: EXP absorption. In node, you're gaining an additional 1 XP per minute per 5 bonus of Logic (XP in mind/200). Off-Node, out of town, it's 1 per 7 Log Bonus ((XP in mind/200)-1). There are other factors that go into EXP Absorption, like max mind, etc. Irregardless, it's a fairly complicated formula, and you're looking at approximately a 3% increase in absorption rate if you were to hit 10 Logic Bonus... which should occur naturally in about 10 levels or less, depending on race/class.

Another alternative to boosting logic is quite easier... group up! Being in a group in town or even out of town yields +1 XP per pulse. Just as effective as Logic, but probably easier!

I'm also not sure how long your hunt durations are on average, but another point of consideration would be if you can expedite your hunt by simply raising AS/DS/CS/TD/whatnot, that may be the most effective way for you to maximize XP/hr... Cutting off 1 minute to be on node could be decent gain, and not be as subjected to the logic breakpoints of 5 or 7.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Blog Entries

Don't forget about supernodes as well for superior exp absorption. The difference is quite noticeable when on XXX.

That's working very well. I only rest in the Small Park, Niche, TSC, IMT TC or anywhere that ;go2 town takes me. So I think I'm usually/always on a supernode.

I just tried stalking someone, because I"m usually AFK between hunts so I hide and absorption went from 32 or 33 to 35.

Hunting can take a LONG time. I'm usually running bounties and unless it's foraging it'll take 20 minutes to complete a bounty. looting heirlooms can take longer with multiple hunts. I think you are on to something though and I'll work on killing faster. Then the only thing slowing him down will be spawn rate.

Blog Entries

Landing spawn rates for older hunting grounds can be absolutely terrible. I'd definitely recommend Solhaven for faster spawns.

Define "older" hunting grounds.

Blog Entries

Coastal Cliffs (Leapers, Sea Nymphs, and Carrion worms), Red Orcs, Dark Orcs, stuff like that.

By older I meant they've literally been around longer, not in terms of what level monsters they are. I'd be willing to bet the newer the grounds are, the better designed, including spawn rate.
    Last edited by Fallen; 06-25-2013 at 05:37 PM.

The bowels spawns fast enough, heh heh.

On topic though, the max you can get for any one stat (or skill bonus) on your badge is +10, or +5 to stat bonus. The badge does NOT allow you get +10 to a stat and +5 to the same stat bonus at the same time.

Lastly, this is not confirmed, but it appears that the level requirements for badge enhancives are not the same as normal enhancive level requirements. It appears that trunc(level/10) is the max you can get to a stat (or skill bonus). Again this is not at all confirmed, but at level 95 I could get +9 THW bonus, +9 STR, and +8 CM bonus all at once, but I could not +10 to any one of those things by itself. At level 100 I can now get +10.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Coastal Cliffs (Leapers, Sea Nymphs, and Carrion worms), Red Orcs, Dark Orcs, stuff like that.

By older I meant they've literally been around longer, not in terms of what level monsters they are. I'd be willing to bet the newer the grounds are, the better designed, including spawn rate.
    This is probably due to the area design and not spawn rate. Red orcs area has a couple of off the path rooms that spawn creatures that some people may not know about. Dark orcs is a big area. I actually have found that dark orcs gens extremely fast...

But I'm not really sure why you are bringing up level 1-15 hunting areas as anyone hunting for ADV badges is probably well past that hunting level.