Page 3 of 362 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: More Obamacare fuckups

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    In fact that is exactly what the Constitution is for: fundamentally altering the government without the need for popular violence. If you want it, go get it. If you can be a better candidate, go to it, we don't actually have a closed political ruling class. Just look at Obama. Here's a hardworking Kenyan Islamic Indonesian Muslim with no executive experience whatsoever, and he gets elected President of the United States of America. You're white. What's your excuse? Women in the 1910s were barely a step above cattle on the political rights ladder (and that's 1910s cattle, not hippy dippy 2010s free range cruelty free cattle), and then we had women's suffrage. What's your excuse?
    He got elected president people people are fucking morons. He was elected by the MTV Generation really, that thinks celebrity is more important then reality. It's funny though, but I have already been hearing people on the left say "What experience does Rubio even have? He hasn't even completed a term as Senator" Go figure. But if what you are saying is I could get elected president and turn the country into a different political system, say dictatorship, I think you are sadly mistaken. Our constitution allows limited change, with a 2/3rds majority. Which is generally the political ruling class. Example.. why don't we have term limits? Because those in power don't want them.
    This space for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

Blog Entries

​THAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

I'm pretty thoughtful! And as the most scientific person here, I provide an ideological middle ground that is sorely underrepresented in modern political discourse.
    Thoughtful? Pardon me a moment.

HA! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA !HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

That's better, now I can get back to the discussion. Oh, right, middle ground you say? You are about as middle of the road as Carl Rove or George Soros.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

4. Default

I'm pretty thoughtful! And as the most scientific person here, I provide an ideological middle ground that is sorely underrepresented in modern political discourse.
    News flash: You are not in the ideological middle ground.

Our health insurance agent told us yesterday that our premiums may go up 30% or more when we renew. There's no way that we can shoulder that, so we will either need to drastically reduce coverage or opt to pay the penalty and let the employee's fend for themselves, which ultimately may be the best thing for them. They may be able to get better coverage through Obamacare than what we can offer them for the money, but if we offer them a plan even if it sucks, they would be ineligible.

My conspiracy theory all along was that the goal was to price health insurance out of the business market and thereby force people onto the government plans. They couldn't get socialized health insurance to fly the first time around, so they needed to come up with a long term insidious plan that could get the job done before people figured it out.
    everan

trouble is a friend of mine

Quote Originally Posted by everan View Post
    They may be able to get better coverage through Obamacare than what we can offer them for the money, but if we offer them a plan even if it sucks, they would be ineligible.
    Unless an employer has only a few employees who are all sickly, then the employer will always be able provide a cheaper group policy than will be available to individuals on the exchanges. When you add tax considerations into the mix, both employer and employee are clearly better off trading cash compensation for insurance coverage. You need a new insurance agent.
    Last edited by ClydeR; 06-14-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Added "clearly" where needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvan View Post
    To me the stupidest thing about Obamacare is the fact that they didn't roll dental up with healthcare.
    Note to self.. Jarvan is a dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post

HA! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA !HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

That's better, now I can get back to the discussion. Oh, right, middle ground you say? You are about as middle of the road as Carl Rove or George Soros.
    You totally seem balanced when you post like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post

Latrinsorm is a Republican.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Latrinsorm is a Republican.
    You thought he was serious in those "...and as a Republican..." posts?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible