Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling My WoW Account

1. Default

GS people play WoW?

<jaw drops>

I feel so betrayed...

Blog Entries

For Skyguard, you do a repeatable quest where you grind mobs for drops to summon bosses that grant rep. The Netherwing egg thing is entirely possible within a day, depending on how much willpower you have. There aren't too many people doing it anymore, so there's not a lot of competition besides CRZ shenanigans.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    For Skyguard, you do a repeatable quest where you grind mobs for drops to summon bosses that grant rep. The Netherwing egg thing is entirely possible within a day, depending on how much willpower you have. There aren't too many people doing it anymore, so there's not a lot of competition besides CRZ shenanigans.
    Yes the shadow scrolls which you turn in to shadow potions which summon the mini bosses. No way you could do that in a day, no possible way. And anyway there is a quest line to open that up, so you would still have to do quests. I also don't think it is physically possible to do the eggs in a day, with spawn rates. I could be wrong but I just don't see how. It's not how much willpower you have, it's how many eggs exist. Anyway, that is not the point, the point is that you can reasonably do them both in less than a week, so they are indeed not worth nearly as much as they were before. I never said they were, I was just reminiscing on getting them.
    (OOC) Klinor's player whispers, "YOU ARE BREAKING THE WARN INTERACT."

Quote Originally Posted by FaenorDragonfly View Post
    Yes the shadow scrolls which you turn in to shadow potions which summon the mini bosses. No way you could do that in a day, no possible way. And anyway there is a quest line to open that up, so you would still have to do quests. I also don't think it is physically possible to do the eggs in a day, with spawn rates. I could be wrong but I just don't see how. It's not how much willpower you have, it's how many eggs exist. Anyway, that is not the point, the point is that you can reasonably do them both in less than a week, so they are indeed not worth nearly as much as they were before. I never said they were, I was just reminiscing on getting them.
    Both are possible and have been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

5. Default

You're about 6+ years too late to be selling an account for that much money.

I see tons of for sale accounts on craigslist but I have to wonder do they move?

I've seen some that are what I would consider about right for about 100-150.

Hell I don't even think my account is worth 300.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Subscriptions are dropping fast. Sell now before nobody's buying.

8. Default

This is the big difference between WoW and GS (well there are many many differences but this is one). In WoW, it is always about the new, next thing. The next PvP set, the next dungeon titles, the next mounts and pets. New new new. In GS, we value old stuff, for the nostalgia, and also because in GS, item stats have not changed much from the beginning. In GS3, you could get by just fine with 4x stuff, and 4x was the standard. The same is true now. So a shaalk longsword is worth more than a vultite longsword only because it is old. Just listen to lnet, people reminisce all the time about the good old days, and who used to play and what items they had.

In WoW, achievements and items are devalued all the time as new stuff is rolled out. My Vial of Sands? Now that mounts are account wide, they are worth about a third of what they were when I first grinded it. All the old mounts and pets and titles, same thing. Hell even my Lorekeeper title, which took a month and a half of solid grinding is pretty much crap now, because you can look at your mini map and see the ! and ?, and there is a handy dandy quest cheat sheet built right in. I got my Reins of the Raven Lord back when you had to be a druid with swift flight form to get it. I got my nether rays and drakes the hard way. So yah, this account is probably not worth what it is worth to me. But I am still going to try to sell it for 300

tl:dr version: GS rules, WoW sucks.
    (OOC) Klinor's player whispers, "YOU ARE BREAKING THE WARN INTERACT."

I think the issue is rarity. Old things in GS are rare hence they have value. The reason things in WoW become less valuable isn't necessarily because new things come out it's because more and more people get the items so they aren't as rare. Especially when you talking about a game that has millions of people all running around with the exact same stuff compared to a game that has a couple thousand players who do not have all the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FaenorDragonfly View Post
    I also don't think it is physically possible to do the eggs in a day, with spawn rates. I could be wrong but I just don't see how. It's not how much willpower you have, it's how many eggs exist.
    They drop off of mobs out there on Netherwing Ledge or whatever their floating rock is called. Do a pass around island/fortress for eggs, smash the mines, repeat.