Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Strategy Games

CK2 is pretty overwhelming. Certainly not for noobs...I pride myself in my strategy prowess in general, and it took me quite a while to get everything sorted.

I'm going to look into EU though, haven't played anything in that series yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thondalar View Post
    CK2 is pretty overwhelming. Certainly not for noobs...I pride myself in my strategy prowess in general, and it took me quite a while to get everything sorted.

I'm going to look into EU though, haven't played anything in that series yet.
    Yeah, what he said. I have to agree. I've bought CK2, HoI2 (or was it 3, newest one) and March of the Eagles and struggled because the amount of incoming information is immense. Also, I constantly felt like I was only performing about half the tasks necessary to be competitive. Needless to say, my games generally had negative results. I do enjoy the strategy genre, though. The Civs for example seem to simplify things a good bit more (possibly too much for CK2 lovers) while remaining fun. SoSE has been fun when I played it. Endless Space got heavily played as did Fallen Enchantress.
    - Galenok

"I'm your huckleberry."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Doesn't quite help the issue of looking like a tard as you run around singing at things. Other than that, you're golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalRob View Post
    If by "singing at," you mean "skull fucking," then yes, you are correct. Bards fucking own.

Blog Entries

I love the Game of Thrones mod for CK2. So fun to start as a nobody family and then rise up to take over the throne.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Speaking of CK2, EU4 is introducing a converter to allow you to convert any save-point in a CK2 game to EU4. So you could possibly start EU4 in say 1104, with how it is set up in CK2 (with a 'strong' Byzantium Empire) ... vs the designated start date of 11/11/1444.

Blog Entries

I'm really looking forward to the converter. I guess it's a preorder bonus, so it will probably be sold separately after release. 1000 years of grand strategy will be pretty intense, and confuse the hell out of me if I take any history classes.

Speaking of preorder bonuses, you get CK2 along with EU4 preorder. Already gave my copy away though, sorry.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Okay. So. Does EU4; for someone like me who has never played the EU series, have a doppelganger of the "New to Civilization" interface? If you actually understood that, you can decrypt Stanley-speak, you weirdo!

And ... let me further make a stupid pile of words with another terrible analogy: I just am about done with Divinity: Dragon Commander. Having to dragon mode every battle is too much of a nuisance and ... the game isn't that great. Is EU4 turn-based. Ridiculously turn-based?

Your reply is important for when I am going from my compy to my couch to switch between my PC and what will be X-Com the Bureau, SRIV and GTAV in the near future. Help me make my butt prints on my computer chair and console couch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Blog Entries

EU4 has a good tutorial which explains the majority of gameplay elements, and a separate hint popup window, which can be disabled. The tooltips are also clear about what each action will do.

It's not turn based, it's like a... pausable RTS with a slider that controls how much time goes by while unpaused. You can let 1 second be 1 day, all the way to 1 second be a month.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I'm loving EU4, and it seems to have been very well received.

How are others enjoying it?

Blog Entries

How is it different from EU3?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

I don't know if you ever found out, but this is a good read:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...iaries-Archive