Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Strategy Games

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsk Tsk View Post
    Picked this up (CK2) and started the tutorials this morning. There are 18 tutorials?! lol. I have a feeling it'll take me a few hours just to get through them all but I'm done with it for the morning. I have a feeling I'll really like it once I get the hang of it though.
    Most of them are pretty quick, but they don't really go into a few subjects that they should (relationships with vassals, inheritance, traits, etc.). The good news is that CK2 has one of the better tutorials, and once you do figure how to swing it the other games more or less fall in line.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Okay, got indications today that Europa Universalis IV is to be released on Aug 13, so just only two more months... *YES!*.

Blog Entries

Definitely looking forward to EU4.

My CK2 game is going pretty well. I unified Ireland, and created titles for it and Wales before I realized that both kingdoms had separate law panels (first time managing multiple kingdoms), so Wales reverted to someone else under gavelkind. It was a bitch to fix. I reloaded and started changing laws and revoking/reassigning titles, but everything worked out in the end and I've got de jure claims over Scotland now.

The Norse rolled over and went Catholic, but the Tengri religion really exploded and covers basically everything east of Poland.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

EU4 is up for preorder on Steam, with 10% off for owners of previous EU titles. A little less of a discount than I'd have hoped, but Paradox is a developer/publisher that I don't mind supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    EU4 is up for preorder on Steam, with 10% off for owners of previous EU titles. A little less of a discount than I'd have hoped, but Paradox is a developer/publisher that I don't mind supporting.
    June pre-order purchases of the 'Deluxe' version will also include bonuses to be named later for the months of July & August as well. Good business practice.

I was playing Sins of a Solar Empire for a long time. Great game! Same vein, but space-based.
    A Vvrael witch shudders, her form suddenly contracting convulsively.
    The ground beneath your feet suddenly frosts and rumbles violently!
    [SMR result: 93 (Open d100: -32, Bonus: 61)]
    You dodge out of the way!
    !SPR>sta
    ...wait 4 seconds.
    !SPR>
    Icy stalagmites burst from the ground beneath you!
    [SMR result: 213 (Open d100: 88, Bonus: 61)]
    ... 55 points of damage!
    Incredible strike pierces your heart and runs you clean through!

It seems you have died, my friend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    June pre-order purchases of the 'Deluxe' version will also include bonuses to be named later for the months of July & August as well. Good business practice.
    Where does it say that? I'm only seeing

The Digital Extreme Edition includes the following:

STAR AND CRESCENT - 70 new Muslim themed event pictures, as well as several new events for the Muslim nations
    HORSEMEN OF THE CRESCENT UNIT PACK - 12 unique cavalry modes for the Ottoman, Mamluk, and Persian nations. This enhances the visual experience of EUIV.
    CONQUEST OF CONSTANTINOPLE MUSIC PACK - 3 tracks containing 10 new minutes of music masterly composed by Andreas Waldetoft
    plus the 100 year war unit pack.

http://www.europauniversalis4.com/buy

Below "June Bonus"

"Pre-order ... in June ... to get: July & Aug bonuses included"

Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelerm View Post
    I was playing Sins of a Solar Empire for a long time. Great game! Same vein, but space-based.
    This. Stardock makes some good games. I've been playing Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes, but I like SoaSE Trinity better. Any sleeper space simulation'y strategy games that are awesome, post them up. I'm going to play FTL now but it's not exactly a grand game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    Okay, got indications today that Europa Universalis IV is to be released on Aug 13, so just only two more months... *YES!*.
    For those looking for more information on EU4:

Paradox post/thread on making game easier to learn for n00bs
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ewbie-Friendly

Paradox guide on what they changed for EU3 => EU4
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-EU-4-summary

The EU4 manual, as per Steam
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...nual-Available