Thread: Bestiary

Default Bestiary

I had a friend of mine suggest that someone should try to make the play.net bestiary less broken, and at the time I was delving into backbone.js frameworks, specifically one called brunch for the curious.

Anyway, I decided that maybe the two should coincide and so I made The Bestiary

How you can search

• creature name (type "rol" in the search bar)
    • level-range (type "23:24" in the search bar)
    • level-range+undead/living state (type "23:24:undead" or "23:24:living" in the search bar)

There shouldn't be any major problems with it as far as I can tell if you use Chrome & FF, and it probably will work in IE9 but I haven't tested it.

If you are using any IE other than 9 and it doesn't work, you can file a bug complaint here or here

Anyone else that notices anything wonky just PM/IM me or post a screenshot in this thread of what you were doing.

If people actually happen to find this useful, we'll see what we can do about making it even more useful (lich barrier rooms for habitats or something).
    Player Of:
    Ondreian

High-End For Sale

very cool idea, but one of the problems with using all of simu's data is that it's out of date.

N'ecares have a base level of 87. Vaespilons are indeed 93. Those two haven't been modified, but a couple of the others have: Vvrael witches are now 80 (down from 82), and csetairi are now 81 (up from 76). I'll update the bestiary when I can catch some time.
    http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Rift...s_(saved_post)

It's also missing all of the creatures from plane 4 and the scatter.
    PB: One day you'll need this number (800) 273-TALK.

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    very cool idea, but one of the problems with using all of simu's data is that it's out of date.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Rift...s_(saved_post)

It's also missing all of the creatures from plane 4 and the scatter.
    I'll add them in there when I get a chance. Thanks for spotting that
    Player Of:
    Ondreian

High-End For Sale

Blog Entries

There is also ;bestiary, which is pretty good. I'm not sure how updated it is, though.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I have bestiary its okay for most stuff, but it still thinks krag dwellers, minotaurs, and all that stuff are still their pre-revamp values.

edit: and before someone says well update it then, idiot! I am in fact an idiot and couldn't update a script if my life depended on it.
    Last edited by Kalishar; 05-08-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: additional thoughts

After having this up and running for awhile now, and after reviewing the way it has been used in the analytics... It seems like a lot of people want to be able to search on both level ranges and towns.

I'm going to see about implementing this the next time I get the inclination to work on it, but I just want people to know that it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Other todos:

Add loading indicator while it loads the JSON data into the local cache for searches.
    Last edited by m444w; 09-30-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Player Of:
    Ondreian

High-End For Sale