Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nindon's Economy Ensorcelling Service

Default Nindon's Economy Ensorcelling Service

For the prices listed below, I will attempt to ensorcell one item for one tier. First person to respond by posting publicly in this forum gets it. I should be able to offer the service again in a few weeks.

I call it "economy ensorcelling" because I charge a nonrefundable fee payable in advance for each attempt I make to ensorcel an item plus a larger fee contingent upon completion of the project. As you may know, an unsuccessful attempt consumes 5% of the energy that is required for a successful attempt. In exchange for shifting the cost of failure to the customer, I charge less overall than prices I have seen elsewhere.

On average, this pricing model will result in prices that are higher for difficult items than for easy items, because I will have to make multiple attempts on difficult items.

No code has to be inserted here.

If the item is fusion, enhancive or sanctified, then the per attempt fee will be 30,000 silvers higher than listed in the table above. Fusion, enhancive and sanctified items require an ensorcelling potion, which I will provide. I will test enhancive, fusion and scantified items at no charge, even though testing such items requires using a potion.

A fusion item is easier to ensorcell if the orbs are removed. I was able to ensorcell my fusion runestaff without first removing the orbs. If you have a fusion item, I recommend that you let me test it for difficulty before removing the orbs. When you know the probability of success with the orbs still in, then you can decide if it is worthwhile to remove the orbs before I attempt the channel.

Here's how it will work. I will do a test cast on the item for no charge and tell you the probability of success using the phraseology that the game gives me, not an actual percentage number (see this for examples). In doing the test cast, I will not use enhancives or take the item to a magic workshop. After you know the probability of success, if you decide not to proceed, then I will return your item and we will part ways. If you want me to proceed, then I will collect the nonrefundable per-attempt fee. After collecting the per-attempt fee, I will put on my enhancives and take the item to a workshop where I will attempt to channel a permanent ensorcellment. If it works, then I will exchange your ensorcelled item with you for the completion fee. If I do not succeed, then I will let you decide whether or not I should make a second attempt; if you want me to make another attempt, then I will collect another nonrefundable per-attempt fee and try again. If you do not want me to make a second attempt, then I will return your item and keep the per-attempt fee that you paid me for the first attempt. Until I run out of necrotic energy, I will make as many attempts as you are willing to pay for. Did I mention that the per-attempt fee is nonrefundable?

I cannot do items that resist magic. I will be able to tell you before making the attempt if your item resists magic.

Warning regarding Tier 5: The maximum amount of energy a Sorcerer can hold is just slightly above the energy required for a Tier 5 ensorcellment. That means if I fail in an attempt to cast a Tier 5 ensorcellment, I may not have enough energy left for an additional attempt.

For example, if you bring me an item that has previously been ensorcelled to tier 2, then I will do a test cast and tell you the probability of success. If you want to proceed, then I will collect 55,000 silvers (assuming the item is not enhancive, fusion or sanctified, in which case, the per attempt fee would be 85,00 silvers), put on my enhancives and go to a workshop to attempt the permanent ensorcellment. If it fails and you want me to try again, then I will collect another 55,000 silvers and try again. If it succeeds on the second attempt then I will exchange your item with you for the T3 completion fee of 1,045,000 silvers. In this example, you will have paid me a total of 55,000 + 55,000 +1,045,000 = 1,155,000. If I had succeeded on the first attempt, then you would have paid a total of 55,000 + 1,045,000 = 1,100,000.
    Last edited by nindon; 10-20-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Added info about enhancive, fusion and sanctified items. New info is in blue.

I'll take one again

And I'll take your next one after that. T2-T3 for me.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

I will take some too

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    And I'll take your next one after that. T2-T3 for me.
    I can't take a list, but I'll be offering this service every few weeks. Stay tuned.

I'll bump this thread when I have enough energy to do another.

would like to get in line, if thats what posting here is...have some easy work for ya
    >get coins
    You gather the remaining 1337 coins from inside your fel chest.
    Roundtime: 1 sec

TERAS SHOP - Tinker's Tower
    http://shops.lichproject.org/shops/5693

in line

Unfortunately, I only had one open slot. I don't have a line for future services, because I can't predict when I will have enough energy to ensorcell something else. By the time I get enough energy, the people in line would probably have found somebody else to do it. Instead of having a line, I'm just going to announce when I have enough energy and then take whoever responds first.

In a few weeks, there should be plenty of sorcerers offering ensorcelling services. Unless you have exceptional gear, I don't think you will have a problem finding one.

I have another opening to increase one item by one tier, up to Tier 4. The terms are the same as in the original post. First person to post gets it.

Mine!