Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Polearm, OHE, Pure, THW Bard Information & Bard Guide

Is 40 an appropriate level to move to Pure? Damn it! Stop diddling your bow and finish the guide!

You can do it at 40, but it is better to wait until you hit 50.

Spin attack or feint during your claid days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    tl;dr

Spend 30 days with high Agi/Dex/Log swinging a claidhmore to get to level 15-20. Use 4x armor and save your mana.

Do whatever you want to get to level 38-40. Fixskill to pure. Pwn.

While using a claid it doesn't really matter. You'd probably get more use and more fun out of spin attack because most low level creatures don't really require a set up like feint to kill them. Just let them swing at you then take their faces off.

Doing a Polearm build with stats set to max at cap so TP's are tight at lvl 15. What's more important, EMC or Elore:air? Training at .5x EMC and 0 Elore:air right now.

Air lore, you can completely ditch EMC unless you have some weird driving need to share mana with other people.

7. Default

With TPs being tight I think Whirlin's suggestion of skipping them both altogether is a pretty good one. Neither is going to do you much good at this point. You can pick them up later.

Blog Entries

Exactly what One said... No reason to get either at your level.... you're better off overtraining in armor use until you hit 60 ranks, or picking up Telepathy if you're not.

Also, as far as I could tell, EMC is not used as a check in any Bard Spell (maybe 418...), whereas MMC (same cost) is factored into Song of Unraveling... So MMC would be better to train in than EMC.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

9. Default

Whirlin - how would you change the training progression for a polearm bard backed by a full spellup team? I'm guessing spell path would be different. Would it? Would much else?

Blog Entries

If you have a full line of spellups and stuff available, I'd also likely do a bit more MIU earlier on. This would be to use Haste imbeds... unless you're gonna have them follow you around.

If the eventual goal is to hunt together, maybe prioritize a little mana sharing. For CMANs you can pick up Side-by-side... I mean, there's a lot of little tweaks you can make. Ohh, and of course, the spell circle training would be different since you wouldn't really be benefiting from 401, 406, 414

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.