Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lnet error: Spell.load: No such file or directory

Default Lnet error: Spell.load: No such file or directory

C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/Everything/Lich/lich-4.2.7/lich/scripts/spell-list.xml
    --- error: Spell.load: No such file or directory - C:/Users/XXXX/XXXX/Everything/Lich/lich-4.2.7/lich/scripts/spell-list.xml

That just scroll the screen and nothing else happens. It never stops.

I opened the file and tried a Ctrl+F for Spell.load but it didn't find anything. I have no reference in what to look for.

Any ideas?

Do `;updater list` and you probably won't see "spell-list.xml" in the list of scripts to update. Do `;updater add spell-list.xml` then `;updater update` then log out and back in.

Actually, I had this same problem. If you have spell-list.xml.txt in your scripts folder just delete it. Then when you log into the game do ';repos download spell-list.xml'. Logout then log back in. That's how I fixed mine.

I suppose I'll elaborate as to what's going on here.

Spell.load reads the data from your spell list file (contains messaging, durations, bonuses, mana costs, etc). When those spell updates were released (multicast, increased durations, disparities in self-cast and non-self-cast durations, etc), Tillmen created a new spell list file which contained more info (to account for the self-cast and non-self-cast durations being different among other things). That new list is "spell-list.xml" the old one is "spell-list.xml.txt"

Most people ask "why is my waggle broken?" or something like that. If Spell.load can't find the list of GS spells (not your character's spells), it doesn't know what spells exist in order to make a list of the spells you know. So this error can manifest when using basically any script that has anything to do with spells.

Ah, that does make sense then, and I should go ahead add in the updater edit too.

Thank you! It worked fine. After being gone 8 months, coming back to that was confusing.

related error just starting happening for me

--- error: SpellRanks.load: dump format error(0x0)

Quote Originally Posted by crb View Post
    related error just starting happening for me

--- error: SpellRanks.load: dump format error(0x0)
    You might try just re-downloding the spell list.

9. Default

SpellRanks.load is trying to load spell-ranks.dat, not the spell list. That error will probably fix itself. If it doesn't you can delete the file while you're logged out. It'll be in lich\data\GSIV\spell-ranks.dat or lich\data\GSPlat\spell-ranks.dat or lich\data\GSF\spell-ranks.dat depending on the game.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

Heh, didn't see the word "Ranks" in there.