Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Ora Jewelry

Default Black Ora Jewelry

So, any black ora jewelry owners care to show off the updates?

A few updates are now live with the special kind of black ora jewelry (the kind you can't remove once worn). There are two versions now, uncommon and rare. Everyone who has one currently has a rare version. The rare version has 4 new verbs, one being a little more special and can only be used once a week (if you can figure it out). The uncommon version doesn't have the mana dump or spirit drain abilities. The mana dump and spirit drain are now a little more random, and the spirit drain will no longer drain a spirit if you were just resurrected with only one spirit (but it will drain your last spirit if you find yourself with one spirit via other means).

All versions have a mood/idle message now that can occur every 30 to 60 minutes. You can PROD the the jewelry item to toggle that on and off and you can see the status via LOOK. The submenu via StormFront's point and click now has a "black ora" submenu (the special verb is excluded from this menu). You can also have special merchants work on them (to alter them), but it will remain a very rare service. Unlocking services won't be a service that will be offered, so choose wisely before wearing one. There will also be some new worn locations released in the future (and possibly some armor accessories). They still can't be removed in any way once worn. But all pieces are now considered fluff and not functional, because...

RP choices > Mechanic choices

To update the worn location, just use one of the verb traps that gives special messaging and it will automagically correct itself.

Enjoy!

~Wyrom, SGM
    Quests
    Platinum
    Promotions

There has really been a lot of positive movement this year and last
    Thym, 21 warrior. Coraesine Weapons are my friend.

Slocan, 100 Ranger

Jynai, 100 Empath

-Looking for my old character (Orbstar DE Wizard)

That is because Wyrom is the fucking man.

I really hope his taking over Promotions won't hinder him from continuing to making really awesome things. I'm always excited to see what he's come up with.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Tell him to work on Savants! RSN

Blog Entries

Because Monks were totally worth the wait, right?
    Last edited by Fallen; 07-07-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Because Monks were totally worth the wait, right?
    Ouch!

I doubt they can fuck a Savant but we'll see. LOL

The problem with monks is they wussed out and made them squares instead of semis, and they are made with new "balanced" game design paradigms in mind in a world where ranged weapons, ambush, immolate, sonic disruption, berserking with a claidh or lance, etc. is the norm. Not that anything they could have done would have made it worth the decadeish wait.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

I'd have forgotten all about monks and done something totally different, like dragoons. Monks took way too long. When they were finally released it was like a bad joke. Like why release savants? Ever? Do something different and unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Like why release savants? Ever? Do something different and unexpected.
    NO. I want to have characters who can explode things with their minds and I want them now. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by DCSL View Post
    NO. I want to have characters who can explode things with their minds and I want them now. >_<
    But it's been a running joke for 10+ years. Time to come out of left field, flip mode.