Thread: Might and Magic (versus, as well)!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Might and Magic (versus, as well)!

This coming weekend, on Saturday April 6th at 3PM, Twilight Hall and Helden Hall are pleased to offer a Might and Magic event for all who wish to attend. The event itself is broken into three parts but for all three parts you will be more or less paired with a magic user or weapon user, depending upon your own profession and hunting style. Some of the events are designed to show how weapon and magic work well together. Alternately, we'll see how they work against each other, too!

In the first event you'll be paired weapon and magic to combat another like pair in a tourney event to see just which magic works best with which weapon in a tourney showdown. In the second event, it will be the Bearhug versus Weaponfire!! See who lasts longest against each others' bane, burning weapon for those with a weapon or crushing hugs for the magic user. In the last of the three events you'll be asked to work together as a pair to create a diorama or ACT in which you pit your blade or bow against their flashy spell of doom. Whichever pair is the most entertaining and visually impressive will win a wonderful prize, as will those who partake in the other two events! Plenty to see and do this Saturday at 3PM at Helden Hall, along North Ring Road in the Landing.

Lastly, we know this is competing with the Highman Games. We're going to attempt it, regardless, unless a decision is made otherwise tomorrow night at Twilight's House meeting. Unfortunately, the amount of prep time on this has taken months mostly due to communication issues amongst all involved. Calendar items and prizes are submitted months before GM calendar items are often listed, etc. We certainly understand what we're going against. See you all there who choose to attend!
    - Galenok

"I'm your huckleberry."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Doesn't quite help the issue of looking like a tard as you run around singing at things. Other than that, you're golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalRob View Post
    If by "singing at," you mean "skull fucking," then yes, you are correct. Bards fucking own.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Drakefang again.

This sounds like a great event! -- I'll be there early on, but I will probably miss the end due to RL plans. =\ It's a huge bummer in the CHE when a Simu event steals your thunder, especially since you have plan everything 6+ weeks out. I wish they'd just put a grey bar on the calendar that means "50% chance of a Simu event this day" so we could plan around them.

Though we planned this event far in advance, it seems to conflict with Highman games. The Swords & Staves Tourney will re-emerge in a couple months though, fear not!

Chairman Rolfard

Yeah, I was just coming to say that. Thanks for covering it, Rolfard.
    - Galenok

"I'm your huckleberry."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Doesn't quite help the issue of looking like a tard as you run around singing at things. Other than that, you're golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalRob View Post
    If by "singing at," you mean "skull fucking," then yes, you are correct. Bards fucking own.