Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Highman Games returns

1. Default

I wonder why this and not the Glad games.

The shield slalom was freaking hilarious to watch (ok, I was under the influence of illegal drugs, they helped). I spent about 15 minutes spitting up at my computer. It does become repetitive after a while but while it's fresh, it's great fun, particularly if you visualize these people in the outfits or armor they are wearing, bouncing down a hill.

Quote Originally Posted by milesalpha View Post
    I wonder why this and not the Glad games.
    I always liked the glad games, but they're a joke at the same time, between anything useful being banned (guild skills, aoe spells, and probably CMANs this time around too since they weren't implemented last time the games took place I don't think), and it being about whose script fires first.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-06-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

8 hours till the goddamn boat comes?! oh em gee

;go 188

Quote Originally Posted by Catts View Post
    8 hours till the goddamn boat comes?! oh em gee

;go 188
    Chronomage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayko View Post
    Chronomage.
    meh not that curious

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I always liked the glad games, but they're a joke at the same time, between anything useful being banned (guild skills, aoe spells, and probably CMANs this time around too since they weren't implemented last time the games took place I don't think), and it being about whose script fires first.
    Attended several and really didn't experience anything like that. Of course, guild skills and cmans did not exist, so if you didn't need them then, makes no sense now. There was a combination of events, profession based and free for alls to keep things even. And considering the variety of champions, I think they pretty much got it right. Never encountered scripting in the games myself, but this is a problem I could see these days. People use Lich to go from the TSC to the bank after all, they will script anything. I wouldn't bet on them winning though.

What is the lich room number for the games?
    LANDING ROOM 17
    Rose-covered dark stone boutique East Monir Road
    Lich Room ID: 15100
    http://shops.lichproject.org/shops/80
    http://www.virilneus.com/shops/index.php?name=shimeria

You do not actually have to be online to board the boat you get the ticket and go in the curtained area, wake up in Zul.

Attended several and really didn't experience anything like that. Of course, guild skills and cmans did not exist, so if you didn't need them then, makes no sense now. There was a combination of events, profession based and free for alls to keep things even. And considering the variety of champions, I think they pretty much got it right. Never encountered scripting in the games myself, but this is a problem I could see these days. People use Lich to go from the TSC to the bank after all, they will script anything. I wouldn't bet on them winning though.
    They allowed surge of strength in the caper toss.

Even several years before Lich, back in the GS3 days (late 90s, early 2000s anyway), Glad Games were a big script fest.

Guild skills being banned made some fights impossible. Like Drizzsdt vs. Malok, there was literally nothing Drizzsdt could do to him except sit there and wait for Malok to destroy him, since Drizzsdt's stance didn't matter to Malok's warding spells, but Drizzsdt couldn't touch Malok while Malok was in guarded.

Any profession that had to do something to their target to set them up to where force their stance to hit them was helpless. Ambushing professions were helpless, since hiding was also banned. And even in the fair matches, people would run a script that would trigger their first attack on the "blah blah you can fight now" message that would pop up on the screen. Whoever's script got their attack off first was pretty much guaranteed a win unless they fumbled or something.

The most fun matchups to watch are two squares going at it. Good stuff.

Like I said the glad games are still fun, but some matchups are literally impossible because of how the rules are set up.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible