Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 30 mil at 20 dollars per

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You've never played GS. Quiet.
    ​sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    They weren't that much at that point - you're thinking like 1996. Either way, I agree that they were probably still more than $20 per million in 1998. I think I was selling them for $20 in 2000, so whatever, I should have said 2000. It doesn't matter though. The point is silvers haven't been worth that much in over ten years.
    The first time I heard about people selling silvers, they were going for $35 per, and I started playing in '97, though I didn't have a clue about much of anything until '98 when I rolled up Methais. So yes silvers were in fact selling for $35 per back in '98. They might have started dropping quickly (I sold a bunch in either '02 or '03 for $15 per which was the going rate at the time), but I distinctly remember $35 per being the rate at the time.

So poopies to you!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I don't think the sales were as public nor the market as fluid. It is possible there were pockets of people trading at different prices even during the same time period.
    The Nalfein Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsun View Post
    I don't think the sales were as public nor the market as fluid. It is possible there were pockets of people trading at different prices even during the same time period.
    That's probably very true. Also, Methais, if you heard that's what they were going for then it must be correct.
    You just got Kong'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsun View Post
    I think a lot of sales around that time were personal, and some items on EBay. I remember seeing a 10x DB cloak for 1k on Ebay and thinking they were nuts. Used to see a lot of chars for sale there too, and accounts. I am sure silvers were sold. Hell, I remember a sale for a sack of ruby amulets.
    This space for sale.

We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

Ahaha. I sold my very first character on eBay in 2001. I also used to sell a bunch of silvers on there.
    You just got Kong'd.

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    That's probably very true. Also, Methais, if you heard that's what they were going for then it must be correct.
    Those were the rates I saw on eBay at the time, which was to my knowledge, the most common way of unloading coins at the time.

So no I didn't hear it. I saw it.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Lets argue about silver prices in 2001! That sounds like fun!

9. Default

Let's argue about silver prices in 2030. Even more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Lets argue about silver prices in 2001! That sounds like fun!
    Why aren't you buying Tgo01's silvers? Stop being racist.

I'd be thrilled if coins jumped back up to 2001 prices. Or 1998 prices. Or pretty much whatever their peak value was.