Thread: Fiction Editor?

Default Fiction Editor?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here is either willing to be, or has been in the past, an editor for fiction novels. I'm in the middle of my second novel, and my current editor is... not cutting it. I'd be looking for someone to review around 10k words a week, on average, and give me their: Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation Comments, Plotline Inconsistencies, factual errors, and overall reaction (whether you liked the chapter or not, and why or why not).

I'm nowhere near the point where I'm considering selling the rights to this novel, and so far I have only written four chapters of it. To anyone interested, I'd happily forward those four chapters, to get your feedback and see what changes you would recommend. I've got a rudimentary grasp of the English language, and have had modest success writing short stories. I've been branching out into writing novels semi-seriously, and would ideally like to find someone who would be willing to be a long-term collaborator-editor. In the incredibly unlikely circumstance that some of my work is ever published, I'd happily negotiate a fee for my compatriot(s), but for the foreseeable future, the only compensation would be my eternal gratitude.

I'm only going to be around the PC sporadically, so please feel free to drop me an email at JustDan@mail.com. (And in case it's not obvious from your email address, please include your PC name so I can marry it up to the people I know here).

Thanks!

-JustDan
    -Just Dan

Email sent. Dictated, not read.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.