Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm so tired of...

Blog Entries

Default I'm so tired of...

...parents who use the term autistic to describe their underachieving offspring.

I know the condition exists, there is at least one parent of an autistic child that posts here, but jesus fuck, it's general catchall overuse is out of control.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...utism-18768933
    Last edited by Tisket; 03-20-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

It's much easier to say your child has a medical condition then accept the fact you failed as a parent.

The bible told me so.

Same thing happened with ADD/ADHD.
    Chris

... people who have no sense of anyone else around them in the street or on the sidewalk. For fuck's sake, if you're going to dillydally, get the hell over to the right so people who need to go places don't impotently seethe behind you.
    Last edited by msconstrew; 03-20-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Fucking cell phones. Even people who would generally term themselves as polite can be so clueless and rude when texting or talking on a cell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Maybe it's just me but I hate when people answer the cell phone when they know they can't talk. Like I'll call someone and start chatting then 30 seconds later "Well I really can't talk right now, I'll call you back later."

When I can't talk at the moment I just don't answer the phone and call the person back when I am able to. Am I the crazy one here?

Honestly, as the parent of a kid who has legit autism, I probably find it more frustrating than you do. I just spent the last hour cleaning up a carpet that was painted in shit, and then giving an emergency midday bath to a child who was screaming and shaking the entire time.

On the bright side, his language comprehension is far more advanced than his ability to communicate, so at least he can follow instructions.

The kid is fucking amazing at puzzles though. He has probably... I'd say 20 or 30 puzzles that are 30+ pieces. He can put each one of them together in just a couple of minutes, if it takes that long. Honestly I am not sure if he has them memorized or is just that good with patterns. I've seen him spend 20 minutes studying the pattern on the back of a playing card.

Sort of rambling about my kid now. Anyway, I am very tired of kids who are maybe a few months behind their peers developmentally getting labeled as autistic.

Quote Originally Posted by msconstrew View Post
    ... people who have no sense of anyone else around them in the street or on the sidewalk. For fuck's sake, if you're going to dillydally, get the hell over to the right so people who need to go places don't impotently seethe behind you.
    Building on this - people who do 56mph in a 55mph and stay in the left lane. Driving behind these people makes me understand how road rage occurs.

Yeah, wow. This is my number one. The number of times people come to a dead stop right in front of me in the subway when it is obvious we're all headed towards the stairs/exit/train car etc. I really just want to bowl them the fuck over, but my instinct is always to use every faculty I have to come to a stop without touching them. Meanwhile if I get anywhere near them they give me the stinkeye turnaround like I'm invading their personal space cause they just stopped for no reason. I have so much hatred for these people.

Building on this - people who do 56mph in a 55mph and stay in the left lane. Driving behind these people makes me understand how road rage occurs.
    Fuck multiquote!

I'm interested to know if everyone else learned to drive with the whole "drive in the right lane unless you need to pass, then get in the left, pass, then return to the right lane" type deal that I did. In the midwest it's pretty common to see the left lane empty except for passers, in the northeast though I feel like highway driving is just barbarian-style, whatever lane is open, do your shit. I refuse to pass people on the right, ever.