Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spell duration problem

Default spell duration problem

Can anyone tell me how to correct how spell durations are calculated? It's working fine for all of my characters except one wizard. All of his spells, when cast at others, are recording a 20 minute duration when it should be 33 or 38 minutes. It's working fine for all my other characters. Very odd.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Blog Entries

;Infomon
    Skills full

It should refresh the spell duration calculations.

Otherwise, there's always the script of ;fixspelldurations if there's ever a miscalculation or anything, which will take the Spell Active command and dump it into ;magic... Although, I've heard that it shouldn't be necessary anymore.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

thanks for the reply. for some reason skills full isn't changing anything. just typing spellactive will update ;magic but it doesn't change the spell duration calculation when using waggle. don't know why it is doing it right for self-cast but not casting on others.

Blog Entries

Have you done ;updater update
    ?

And whomever you're casting it on can always use ;fixspelldurations
    But that's always a workaround.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."

Blog Entries

Ohh wait... I misread the OP... that appears to be more of a sharing information issue than a base calculation issue.

If it's calculating everything correct locally when he self-casts, but then not on others, it means your spell duration information isn't being shared with the target to let them know how many ranks of whatever you have to calculate the duration... Unfortunately, I'm at work at the moment, and can't look at the lich configurations, but it may just be a matter of toggling something as visible or shared on your wizard.

;lnet allow skills all

I believe that is what you want to enable... ;lnet help

7. Default

If your wizard is invisible when casting at others, it will show up at minimum duration, I believe.

Very odd. I've got skills and everything else visibile to friends on lnet. I've got the targets on my friends list. I've tried skills full to reset it. All the spells keep showing up as 20 minutes per cast. It's not the end of the world but it's an annoying waste of mana if I use waggle without updating the spell duration after every cast. Don't know why it's working for my other wizard but not this one. Odd. Thanks for the suggestions.

I encountered this problem on my old PC, and with an older version of Lich but was never able to resolve it. I eventually re-installed Lich which corrected it, but wiped out friend settings, go2 targets, etc.

That may be a bit extreme for a solution but personally it really bugged me. Hasn't come back since, though.

I might have to try that. Is there a way to erase saved stuff for just one character or are all the settings in one file? Just seems strange it is working for one wizard but not the other.