Thread: Load MAP into memory on login.

Default Load MAP into memory on login.

Anyone know of a way to set it up other then running a script that go2's to the current room I am in? It seems to load a copy of the map for each character logged in, not a global load also.
    Chris

Just make a script with Map.load in it. I'm not sure if you can favorite exec scripts or not, but that would work too.

Also, the memory is per instance of ruby, not global, so you will have a separate DB loaded for each instance.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    Just make a script with Map.load in it. I'm not sure if you can favorite exec scripts or not, but that would work too.

Also, the memory is per instance of ruby, not global, so you will have a separate DB loaded for each instance.
    Hmm I can try that thanks. When I load my team its nice to just have the map loaded automatically so that in case I have to run off with someone other than command and control I don't have to wait to load the map eight more times.
    Chris

;favs add whereami.lic

This will load your location so you don't have to wait for go2 to figure out where you are first and then move you.

That one is even simpler. Thanks.
    Chris

So I am bumping this again because even when I put lich into a RAM drive loading 6-8 copies of the map just takes a really long time and I don't know why.

Anyone have additional suggestions of what can be done to speed up the loading process?
    Chris