Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Most powerful Character in GS4

Gnimble then Droit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

The "most power character" debate is mostly pointless in GS because it's typically the character that gets the first cast/action off will win.

For example, Gnimble's maneuver defense was probably one of the highest in the game with all relevant skills maxed, racial bonus, and self-spells that matter (e.g., Song of Luck) worn yet Droit blew me apart with spikethorn.

Gnimble's CS was 522 and would mostly auto-ward spiritualists thereby killing or incapacitating them but hybridists and elementalists would be problematic. At that point, I would sleep (tested on lvl 100 characters 50+ times with 100% success) the target with 1005 (another broken bard spell) then 1013 (absurd TD pushdown based on spellsong ranks) elemental TD spells worn on the target in ascending spell level to decrease difficulty of pulling them off; unless they fixed what I assume is a bug, 1013 wouldn't wake up a sleeping target. Once the TD was low enough, I would 1030 the target.

The list goes on and on (e.g., square character using hamstring with two feras vs pure character).

If I was forced to make a decision it would be a post-cap ranger (e.g., Droit) but I think the real winner would be the player with the lowest latency.

EDIT: I assumed this was a PvP comparison. I think PvE, pure bards win without question; they can do everything every other class can do but better and faster with 1030 and 1035.
    Last edited by Danical; 02-19-2013 at 12:44 AM.

3. Default

I just started playing a bard for the first time and it feels like I'm cheating whenever I use 1005.

Quote Originally Posted by Danical View Post
    Gnimble's useless numbers
    But can you hunt the Stronghold?!

Man you guys got this all wrong. I agree it comes down post cap ranger/bard. I think a bard has a slight edge overall. But when we talking about the single most powerful character in gs....

the answer is ....

xxxxxx-texas oil tycoon/ranger
    -Chairman of xxxxxx (political figure)
    -2012 frost king 3rd runner-up (popular among the people)
    -2x cap or so? ( capable hunter )
    - on ardwen's top 10 list of richest of people in elanthia multi times (financial powerhouse)
    -gear up nicely ( since there isn't a bard gear up like that he wins by default) **would win arms race**

I don't know about you people but i am voting xxxxxx in 2016...
    Last edited by neimanz1; 02-20-2013 at 12:25 AM. Reason: privacy reason

6. Default

Could break it down by class:

Ranger: Droit
    Warrior: Kerl
    Wizard: One of the legendary bow wielders?
    Cleric: Kaedra (Is it even close?)
    Empath: Snowie? Seen her around
    Paladin: Valicar? He's not active though. Sabreon probably. Menos maybe.
    Sorcerer: LOL Sorcs - Virilneus after joking? Shimmerain?
    Bard: You guys said Gnimble
    Rogue: Wolfloner?
    Monk: Too new

This is active. A lot of people also hide fame. I am hardly an expert since I'm not close to this debate, but it has to be ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon Khyree View Post
    Could break it down by class:
    Sorcerer: LOL Sorcs - Virilneus after joking? Shimmerain?
    Probably that, though I really don't know all that much about other high-end Sorcerer hunters. He has a serious enhancive collection that gives him a huge edge in things like bolting, and I would assume it makes quite a difference.
    - dutifully, Kastrel Tyraegen Faendryl, the first freelance guildmaster of the Sorcerer's Guild

I don't have much in the way of high end gear or enhansives just exp.

Sabreon, Paladin 40.5 mil Exp Swings around 705 with a 7x bastard axe.
    Mistros Sorc 38.5 mil Exp Casts 526 (Heavy on spirit spells for web CS and ds from 102 and 120 instead of more sorc ranks for a little extra CS) Defense in 0x HCP armor is 900-950 depending on encumbrance.
    Kranar Mage 32.5 mil exp Casts around 530ish AS 860 or so DS. with 1x HCP armor

Got one of each profession but the others are not much over 2x-3x cap so I won't bother listing them cause they don't qualify. But Danical is right, post cap it just comes down to who gets the first swing/cast off.

didnt we just do this on Lnet the other day? Likely come down to Kerl vs Droit and fastest wins. If ya add in the people that could cheat and allowed cheating the results would be vastly different
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I just started playing a bard for the first time and it feels like I'm cheating whenever I use 1005.
    I feel like that when playing my bard and using 1002. Especially if I get to cast it on a weapon and a shield.