Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STADIA just arrived.

Default STADIA just arrived.

Stadia enters the aaS dances (as a service).

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/6/18...bisoft-e3-2019

Less pricy than… GEMSTONE !!! LOL but what will be included in the free catalogues ? My guess is games like what PSN and Xbox offers, old games and indies.

But games like cyberpunk 2077! MK 11! FFXV! will be available!

No more consoles at 600$? The end of home computers for the casual gamers?
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Stadia enters the aaS dances (as a service).

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/6/18...bisoft-e3-2019

Less pricy than… GEMSTONE !!! LOL but what will be included in the free catalogues ? My guess is games like what PSN and Xbox offers, old games and indies.

But games like cyberpunk 2077! MK 11! FFXV! will be available!

No more consoles at 600$? The end of home computers for the casual gamers?
    Curious to see how laggy shooters and fighting games will be on this. I don’t see how games like that wouldn’t have noticeable input lag.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

It's going to be shit. OUYA 2.0.

Google has a history of dumping projects if they're not immediately successful.

You don't own anything.

Streaming data usage is going to be off the charts without an unlimited plan, nevermind issues with infrastructure and streaming in general.

There is no "system seller".

While you’ve probably heard predictions that Google’s Stadia will be the “Netflix of games,” it turns out the analogy only goes so far. While Google intends to eventually have a back catalog of free games included for your $10 monthly fee, Stadia is not primarily a subscription service. The subscription only includes a single game as of today — Destiny 2. Primarily, Google tells us you should expect to buy, not rent cloud games for the same retail prices you’d find on other platforms like PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, and Steam.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-18-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It's going to be shit.

Google has a history of dumping projects if they're not immediately successful.

You don't own anything.

Streaming data usage is going to be off the charts without an unlimited plan, nevermind issues with infrastructure and streaming in general.

There is no "system seller".
    I totally understand your PoV here bro.

But aaS services are the new trend. Companies pay big bucks for workplace as a Service for their TI as a whole (MPaaS or WPaaS). That way, they save HUGE amount to let it handle by third parties.

Smaller companies pay BIG bucks for network as a Service for their connectivies (NaaS) and so on.

People were saying cloud technologies would hit a ceiling (oh almost a pun here). It's completely continuing.

I doubt cloud gaming will suck that much bro. Consoles as we know it will be a thing of the past like our DVDs, CDs and so on
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Blog Entries

But aaS services are the new trend. Companies pay big bucks for workplace as a Service for their TI as a whole (MPaaS or WPaaS). That way, they save HUGE amount to let it handle by third parties.

Smaller companies pay BIG bucks for network as a Service for their connectivies (NaaS) and so on.

People were saying cloud technologies would hit a ceiling (oh almost a pun here). It's completely continuing.

I doubt cloud gaming will suck that much bro. Consoles as we know it will be a thing of the past like our DVDs, CDs and so on
    Game streaming is already a thing - PS Now exists, and it's terrible even for PS3 games. I think you underestimate how much data will be required for streaming, and the type of infrastructure present in most of the US (and maybe Canada).

-At some point- streaming may be worth it. But it's not now.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I promise you if nothing else, fighting games will suck fat dongs on this. Even with GGPO netcode and other rollback stuff they’ve been doing that makes it feel close to playing offline, online and offline are still totally different games because every frame (1 frame = 1/60th of a second) of lag matters. MK11’s netcode has a 3 frame input delay, for example. 3/60 of a second doesn’t sound like shit, but in fighting games it matters enough to where online and offline are different beasts. Online tournament wins are typically considered meaningless. Still totally playable, don’t get me wrong, but there is still a noticeable difference vs. offline. Having all that streaming on both players’s ends can’t do anything but exacerbate that.

FPS games will be in pretty much the same boat. Most slower paced games will probably be ok as they don’t typically require frame perfect inputs and there’s a lot more wiggle room for latency.

That, and what Taernath said.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-18-2019 at 06:17 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

LOL but what will be included in the free catalogues ? My guess is games like what PSN and Xbox offers, old games and indies.
    I missed this earlier. I played Rage 2, Metro Exodus, and Outer Worlds via Xbox's Game Pass. Those all are AAA, recent releases. Then you also have access to MS' first party stuff like Forza, Gears, and Halo. PS Plus has some great stuff, too.

Stadia has.... a puzzle game on launch I guess? They are going to get crushed if they don't at least do something similar.

Blog Entries

I watched the video… damn

You guys are right, if they can't fix that, that will be a killer.

I know in TI, they put QoS (EF) via dedicated vpn to assure traffic routes but I'm guessing it will drastically increase monthly charges.

As for now, I'm going to wait until we have a go, seriously… LOL
    Last edited by Murrandii; 11-19-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Another thing to think about is cross-platform play. Without it, multiplayer is limited to those who bought the game on Stadia - and there need to be a ton of them otherwise it will be impossible to find a match. On the other hand, WITH cross-play someone on a console or PC playing MK11 will smoke a Stadia user if that lag is still present. They're in a really difficult position here and frankly I don't think Google has the game dev experience or balls to make it work.