Thread: Pet Pics

THAT FACE THO.

THATTT FAAAAAACE. oh my goddd.
    I got that job, by the way

2. Default

Cat was all "I WIN"

20140610_233704.jpg

Blog Entries

My cat when he was a kitten, playing with the humidifier.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

ohmygaaah. CATS ARE SO CUTE.

BamBam being a gargoyle.

humidifier so cute.

My pit, Chess, with her favorite thing.

chess.jpg

My first real argument ever with my boyfriend was about Pit Bulls.

I say they are loyal dogs who behave as their owners want them to (positive or negative)
    He said that they kill more humans than any other dog, and only account for like 8% of the population of dogs in the US, meaning they are more vicious than other dogs.

Has yet to be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Rage View Post
    My first real argument ever with my boyfriend was about Pit Bulls.

I say they are loyal dogs who behave as their owners want them to (positive or negative)
    He said that they kill more humans than any other dog, and only account for like 8% of the population of dogs in the US, meaning they are more vicious than other dogs.

Has yet to be solved.
    Stop fucking him until he sees the light.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

8. Default

You're right that the way an animal acts can depend on how its owner raises and treats it. However there is also the genetic factor that you have to consider. Pit Bulls have been specifically bred to fight for a long time. Look at the way their jaw is structured and how they bite. I see that as a result of this long and violent history. Can they be great, safe pets? Certainly. But I think there will always be a slightly dangerous aspect to them. Almost akin to having a wolf as a pet. And on that note.. I have a cute dog for everyone to see! (not mine)

The pit bull debate is unsolved mainly because the statistics on dog attacks are horribly incomplete and outdated.

This study of dog attacks reported in the media supports your position, though, GR -

Objective—To examine potentially preventable factors in human dog bite–related fatalities (DBRFs) on the basis of data from sources that were more complete, verifiable, and accurate than media reports used in previous studies.

Design—Prospective case series.

Sample—256 DBRFs occurring in the United States from 2000 to 2009.

Procedures—DBRFs were identified from media reports and detailed histories were compiled on the basis of reports from homicide detectives, animal control reports, and interviews with investigators for coding and descriptive analysis.

Results—Major co-occurrent factors for the 256 DBRFs included absence of an able-bodied person to intervene (n = 223 [87.1%]), incidental or no familiar relationship of victims with dogs (218 [85.2%]), owner failure to neuter dogs (216 [84.4%]), compromised ability of victims to interact appropriately with dogs (198 [77.4%]), dogs kept isolated from regular positive human interactions versus family dogs (195 [76.2%]), owners’ prior mismanagement of dogs (96 [37.5%]), and owners’ history of abuse or neglect of dogs (54 [21.1%]). Four or more of these factors co-occurred in 206 (80.5%) deaths. For 401 dogs described in various media accounts, reported breed differed for 124 (30.9%); for 346 dogs with both media and animal control breed reports, breed differed for 139 (40.2%). Valid breed determination was possible for only 45 (17.6%) DBRFs; 20 breeds, including 2 known mixes, were identified.

Conclusions and Clinical Relevance—Most DBRFs were characterized by coincident, preventable factors; breed was not one of these. Study results supported previous recommendations for multifactorial approaches, instead of single-factor solutions such as breed-specific legislation, for dog bite prevention.
    http://avmajournals.avma.org/doi/abs...ma.243.12.1726
    Last edited by GS4-Seomanthe; 07-10-2014 at 12:50 PM. Reason: moar data

Samson, recently weighed in at 192 lbs. Which is what I weigh...

Attachment-1.jpgsamson.jpg