Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Farcry 3

1. Default

My other hardware is still pretty decent I'm assuming. Intel i5 2500k, 16GB of ram, a fast SSD.

Yeah, the I5 is a very good chip, I'm not really ontop of hardware right now. When I build a computer I usually research for a week or so. SSD is smart, most people have the biggest bottleneck through the harddrive, they get a massive harddrive at a good price but it is usually a slow RPM, SSD you'll never run in that issue.

Ram is usually another bottle neck, having 8 gig of one type of ram can be better for gaming then having 32 of another.

Another big bottle neck is usually through the motherboard, there are a lot of bad motherboard makers out there and if you buy a mass produced rig, this is usually they place they burn you because its hard to get benchmarks on all the different motherboards.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My Trade List (kept updated)
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...e-s-Trade-Bait

Blog Entries

You're running on ultra settings with a 580? What resolution? Looked like crap on mine. Waaaay too much tearing.

Here are the specs on the new one I'm building. Missing stuff I'm scavenging from my old rig.

2 x ($559.99) EVGA 04G-P4-3687-KR GeForce GTX 680 FTW+ w/Backplate 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

1 x ($249.99) SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 x ($241.99) ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

1 x ($219.99) Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

1 x ($179.99) Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

1 x ($99.99) Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-07-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

One complaint I've got about this game is the loot. I get it, it's all just random stuff to sell for coin but I have a couple of issues.

1) Why make so much of it garbage? Spent lighters, crumpled packs of cigarettes, etc. Makes me feel like I'm doing roadside cleanup.

2) Why not offer more stuff to spend the coin on? This game is much like Skyrim in that if you go around grabbing all of the loot because you're some kind of weird completionist, you're going to reach a point where you either can't carry anymore or have nothing to spend all that coin on.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Blog Entries

Buy the signature weapons and the maps of the loot. That's what I spend it on. That, and ammo. I also use mines and C4 like a madman.

I buy all the special weapons, all the maps, all the upgrades for each weapon, all the paint options for each weapon, etc. and STILL there's too much loot layin around and nothing good to spend the money on. Ah well.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    I buy all the special weapons, all the maps, all the upgrades for each weapon, all the paint options for each weapon, etc. and STILL there's too much loot layin around and nothing good to spend the money on. Ah well.
    I wont bother to track down treasure chests unless they are directly in my path. I also don't bother to skin animals. Not worth it. I agree it would have been nice to have a big 'ol money sink that would eventually kick out decent upgrades. I hate it when loot becomes meaningless, but it has happened in every single open world game I have played. Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Far Cry, Skyrim, etc etc.

I wanted to make a mod for Fallout 3 which eliminated caps completely from the game. Instead, your primary forms of currency would be bullets, guns, and other such things. That way you would shift the combat towards melee weapons and always be spending your "loot" whenever you chose to fire a bullet. It would take a rebalancing of the combat mechanics and pricing in the stores, but it would have been worth it.

But meh. Effort of learning all that crap. Maybe for Fallout 4.
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-10-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Yeah, FC3 loot is kinda of weird. There's a fine balancing point between not having enough wallet space/money and having nothing to spend money on because you bought everything already. The ammo/armor expenses weren't anything major.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Still a fantastic game, though. The new Tomb Raider looks like it's a cross of Far Cry 3 and Uncharted. Should be awesome.

Blog Entries

The Nexus just opened up a Far Cry 3 Portal: http://farcry.nexusmods.com/