Thread: Lost Stormfront settings

1. Default Lost Stormfront settings

The last few days every time I would try to log in to gs via lich it would lose the connection to the game within the first ten seconds of logging in. Then all of a sudden I was able to log in but when i had gotten in I had lost all my stormfront saved highlights, macros, and scripts that I had written. Over the years I had amassed a serious amount of highlights that are an integral part of my playing gs. I really don't want to lose all my storm front saved settings and highlights. When I look at the settings on my stormfront and check the location it shows me that there are still various files of different sizes associated with each of the stormfront saved settings on the server. However when i try to export them to my computer I am unable to restore my lost settings. Also now that all my stormfront highlights and settings are deleted, i am able to log in to lich every single time with no problem whatsoever. Any suggestions or thoughts about how i might be able to recover my settings or what may have caused this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

2. Default

This just happened to me, did you ever find a fix?

Unless shit has changed, they be gone. It's a regoddamndickulous bug. Durfin did some digging on it a while back but i forget.

I'm assuming you were using the "remote" storage of your settings. It's a bug where the connection flips out and doesn't load your settings properly so sf is running with no data for anything. Then the connection to their shit comes back and it overwrites everything you actually had saved there with the nulls stormfront currently has loaded.

Don't use remote storage. It's the devil. Keep it local and install your stromfront / lich into dropbox or something. That's what I did.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Agreed. I learned the same lesson WRT remote storage.
    A Vvrael witch shudders, her form suddenly contracting convulsively.
    The ground beneath your feet suddenly frosts and rumbles violently!
    [SMR result: 93 (Open d100: -32, Bonus: 61)]
    You dodge out of the way!
    !SPR>sta
    ...wait 4 seconds.
    !SPR>
    Icy stalagmites burst from the ground beneath you!
    [SMR result: 213 (Open d100: 88, Bonus: 61)]
    ... 55 points of damage!
    Incredible strike pierces your heart and runs you clean through!

It seems you have died, my friend.

And just to clear up any confusion, while I suppose it's possible for lich to affect this since it sits in the middle of the connection, this is not a bug uniquely caused by lich. Happens routinely without running lich.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

6. Default

damn did i lose a lot of shit, i don't even remember how to write some of those scripts...

Quote Originally Posted by cuos View Post
    damn did i lose a lot of shit, i don't even remember how to write some of those scripts...
    It's gone, man...sorry for your loss.
    A Vvrael witch shudders, her form suddenly contracting convulsively.
    The ground beneath your feet suddenly frosts and rumbles violently!
    [SMR result: 93 (Open d100: -32, Bonus: 61)]
    You dodge out of the way!
    !SPR>sta
    ...wait 4 seconds.
    !SPR>
    Icy stalagmites burst from the ground beneath you!
    [SMR result: 213 (Open d100: 88, Bonus: 61)]
    ... 55 points of damage!
    Incredible strike pierces your heart and runs you clean through!

It seems you have died, my friend.