Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAISE DEAD SPELLS COMBINED!

Default RAISE DEAD SPELLS COMBINED!

HSN WEEK 6: RAISE DEAD SPELLS COMBINED! · on 7/20/2004 7:46:46 PM 747

Cleric spells Raise Dead (312), Life Restoration (318), and Resurrection (340) have been combined into one spell, Raise Dead, in the 318 spell slot.

Raise Dead

Duration: Immediate

Type: Utility

Mastery of this spell allows a cleric to actually appeal to his or her deity to raise a fallen comrade from the dead. This spell is very taxing on the caster and success is not always assured. The target must have a soul (undeparted) for this spell to work and the body must be able to sustain life, which means the services of an Empath may be needed.

Before raising a body from the dead with Raise Dead, the Cleric must first link to the body using the [S]Well of Life[/S] spell.

If successfully raised, the formerly dead character will have but 1 spirit point and be in whatever condition he/she was in prior to being raised otherwise. The character will not suffer any stat loss due to this death, so resurrection by a cleric is far superior to that of one of the gods.

The caster will lose 75% of the target's maximum spirit points. This is not to be confused with actual spirit points; this means that if the cleric has less than or equal to 75% of the dead character's spirit points, the resurrection attempt will kill him/her. For example, if the dead character has 10 spirit points, a cleric would need 8 actual spirit points to complete the resurrection (and survive).

At 25 Cleric spell ranks, Raise Dead becomes Life Restoration, a more powerful version of Raise Dead, drawing more favor of the deity to soften the impact on the caster and the one being raised. The caster loses 50% of their maximum spirit points and the target is restored to 10% of their maximum spirit points and health points.

At 40 Cleric spell ranks, Life Restoration becomes Resurrection, a more powerful version of Life Restoration, raising a character from the dead with a loss of only 25% of the target's spirit points by the casting cleric. The deity supplies most of the work. In fact the target will be restored to 50% of their spirit and health points as well. The target may also receive some amount of physical healing (in some cases complete healing), making it one of the most powerful effects a cleric can muster.

Tip:
    Expect significant Roundtime for this activity.

This message was originally posted in Clerics, Clerical Spells. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages....p;message=1699

this doesn't sound so bad, especially since my cleric is almost at 40 ranks in clerical spells
    GersonD (3:28:16 PM): I like ballz
    LordQuynar (3:28:26 PM): that is so getting quoted

Considering it opened up other spell slots, sounds good to me. My only whine is that my cleric was about to turn 12. I was excited to RP her first raise....
    Now I have 6 more trains.

yeah but now you get that new attack spell that'll prolly cost 1/4 of yer mana supply just to cast once
    GersonD (3:28:16 PM): I like ballz
    LordQuynar (3:28:26 PM): that is so getting quoted

It's also better because it stops a bunch of clerics from being rolled and able to raise so quickly.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

12 in old GS is about the same amount of effort as 18 in new GS...
    Discord: anebriated

Looking for old characters:
    Elrodin 100 Ranger
    Moider 100 bard

I'll get the exact numbers in a second, but..

There was no XXX in GSIII.

Okay, here we go.

GSIII Requirement for 12: 210000 exp
    GSIII Requirement for 18: 420000 exp
    GSIV Requirement for 12: 167000 exp
    GSIV Requirement for 18: 382000 exp

With XXX, you gain 2.5x experience for 6 hours. That's hunting normally, and then getting about 9000 free experience per week (assuming the amount gained is 1000/hour). It was very much easy to get to level 12 in GSIV.

[Edited on 7-21-2004 by Bobmuhthol]
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

So I raised someone last night using 318, I'm 61 trains with 63 ranks in clerical, and it used 318 not 340. Oh, and I couldn't prep 340.

Is this fixed now?
    Love me or hate me, but spare me your indifference.

\\"CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME!\\"

Is it possible for a non cleric to raise someone with a scroll anymore?
    But this one goes to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by GS3Chica
    (6:54 PM): dont make me SHATTER YOUR FACE
    Rep. John Murtha on Cheney and Bush:
    I like guys who've never been there who criticize us who've been there...I like that. I like guys who got five deferments and never been there and sent people to war and then don't like to hear suggestions that what may need to be done.

yeah, actually. They're introducing defibrillators in Elanthia...
    Love me or hate me, but spare me your indifference.

\\"CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME!\\"