Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1030 vs 435

Default 1030 vs 435

As a non pure, and assuming I was fully trained to minimum spell hinderance in MnE in augmented chain, what is generally a better choice for crowd control when camping: Major E-Wave or unfocused Sonic Disruption?

I have a script that rubs a ruby amulet, puts everything away in my hands, brings out and plays my mastered 2h instrument, casts, and then puts away instrument + gets back my sonic shield and a weapon. I can ward, but not with crazy impressive endrolls like the pures do.

I also train in MOC, so that is a factor. Assuming a successful cast on a major ewave, I could mop those prone but not dead with a 4 target unfocused mstrike. Also, if using my sonic weapon I don't have to worry about the added mana to recast 1012. I also can leave my equipment be (no need for a ruby amulet) which means I dont have the short time of having my shield down. A 1 in 10 chance to not cast and lose 35 mana is a bit painful though...
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 10-23-2012 at 10:51 PM.

I just got 435 not too long ago and in my very limited usage of the spell, it doesn't always do damage - sometimes it's just a very expensive 410. So I would probably go with 1030 for more reliable deadly results.

And hindrance would matter less since you won't lose 30 mana if your song failed.

Level is the largest factor in 435's effectiveness.

1030 without question
    -The Original Shattered Snoopy

-Prime: Anedrin/Timbalt/Kayzo/Kazooe

Blog Entries

I'd go with 1030. 1030 is far more lethal and you don't lose mana or have to wait for Cast Time if you get spell hindrance. I'd go with 410 over 435 also.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-24-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Is it level or MnE ranks, audioserf? I admit, I was looking forward to using 435 because of all the times I've died to it in invasions, and I was kind of bummed to realize that it doesn't always do damage. I'm well past level 35, but I didn't plan on getting any more MnE ranks.

Hmmm...didn't know it didn't do damage all of the time when it knocks down. Funny how the critter ones, even like level and a bit lower, seem to almost always eff me up. Then again, guess I would not know if they used 410 or 435 if it didn't inflict damage.

Good advice and thanks.
    Last edited by Suppressed Poet; 10-25-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Level might be the greatest factor, but MnE ranks do contribute. With 55 ranks in MnE my 435 is somewhat more effective than when I first got it against like leveled opponents.

That said, 1030 should be more effective. Secondly, I would not recommend either in a warcamp since they create havok with the shroud. 1015 is a mass warding spell that doesn't create issues with the shroud and 1001 should be safe, too. I've never tried 1017 in a warcamp. I have no idea how it effects the shroud. Pop off a single use of 1030/410 should be quite safe. I would caution a second cast because the grim so often cast some spell that will mess with the shroud, too. Often their cast is the one that causes the shroud to backlash. So, temper your use of those spells.

Frankly, I think you'd be better off during an "oh shit" moment to step out of the camp completely by GO PATH, versus taking a chance...most specifically if you are soloing. The results of doing so are almost always much safer and more beneficial over popping off an AoE spell to try and recover.
    Last edited by Drakefang; 10-25-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    - Galenok

"I'm your huckleberry."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Doesn't quite help the issue of looking like a tard as you run around singing at things. Other than that, you're golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalRob View Post
    If by "singing at," you mean "skull fucking," then yes, you are correct. Bards fucking own.

So...

Troll camps and say I attuned to fire. (Can bards attune?). Is the choice still clearly 1030? Keep in mind camps have mostly like level opponents. I'm not sure how effective the spell is on equal level.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakefang View Post
    Level might be the greatest factor, but MnE ranks do contribute. With 55 ranks in MnE my 435 is somewhat more effective than when I first got it against like leveled opponents.

That said, 1030 should be more effective. Secondly, I would not recommend either in a warcamp since they create havok with the shroud. 1015 is a mass warding spell that doesn't create issues with the shroud and 1001 should be safe, too. I've never tried 1017 in a warcamp. I have no idea how it effects the shroud. Pop off a single use of 1030/410 should be quite safe. I would caution a second cast because the grim so often cast some spell that will mess with the shroud, too. Often their cast is the one that causes the shroud to backlash. So, temper your use of those spells.

Frankly, I think you'd be better off during an "oh shit" moment to step out of the camp completely by GO PATH, versus taking a chance...most specifically if you are soloing. The results of doing so are almost always much safer and more beneficial over popping off an AoE spell to try and recover.
    I usually solo camps. For me it would not be an oh shit situation, but rather a timed I have mana to blow and haven't used an AoE spell in awhile. It wouldn't be used consistantly. Just more of a let's see how many this will kill in between my normal attack methods.