Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Convention

Talking Republican Convention

What do you think of the convention so far?
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Chris Christie speech.

By my count, Mr. Christie used the word “Romney” six times in his address. He used the word “I” 30 times, plus a couple of “me’s” and “my’s” tossed in for seasoning.

More...
    Was Christie promoting Romney or promoting Christie's 2016 prospects?

Mike Huckabee speech.

Of all the speakers so far, Huckabee has given the best delivery. The only possible distraction was his opening joke about Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Tampa has been such a wonderful and hospitable city to us. The only hitch in an otherwise perfect week was the awful noise coming from the hotel room next door to mine. Turns out it was just Debbie Wasserman Schultz practicing her speech for the DNC in Charlotte next week. Bless her heart.

More...
    I didn't get it.

What a complete joke.

Condoleezza Rice?

Excellent speech. She might go places.

2 of the 5 black people there are not having a good time:

Raynard Jackson, a black GOP political consultant, wrote Tuesday on the RootDC Live blog that he is “embarrassed by the lack of diversity” at the convention and frustrated by his party’s empty promises.

“The Republican line is that the overwhelming majority of blacks will vote for Obama because he is African American,” Jackson wrote. “I find this thinking extremely insulting as a black Republican. The reason the majority of blacks will vote for Obama is because Republicans have not given African Americans a reason to vote for Republicans or Romney.”
    On Tuesday, convention organizers ejected two attendees after they reportedly threw peanuts at a black CNN camerawoman and told her, “This is how we feed animals.” Organizers called the conduct “inexcusable and unacceptable.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...3a7_story.html
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    2 of the 5 black people there are not having a good time:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...3a7_story.html
    What exactly do the Democrats give African Americans... also.. why are they African first, why not be called American Africans? Also, isn't there alot of White people in some African Countries? Would they be African Americans if they immigrated here too?
    This space for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvan View Post
    What exactly do the Democrats give African Americans... also.. why are they African first, why not be called American Africans? Also, isn't there alot of White people in some African Countries? Would they be African Americans if they immigrated here too?
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Really?
    Only white people from Italy and Ireland are allowed to put those first, doncha know?
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Blog Entries

After this convention, all I can say is, "Gary Johnson."
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord