Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Randy Blythe imprisoned in Czech republic. Posts bail, still imprisoned.

If you care to invest more time in the story, here's video of the alleged incident(s).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgjXuD1LGPk

Video claims to show the deceased smacking his head into the bass player's instrument, and then being shoved headfirst to the floor by security. Neither the bass player nor security are accused.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 07-18-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

I was really upset until I realized you didn't say Randy Jackson.

I can't say anything as to why the bail doubled, but the issue with originally having bail paid and then him not being released: the man who posted the $200k was the lead singer for All That Remains (Philip Labonte), and he actually told my husband on Twitter that he fucked up the paperwork and hadn't refiled yet. This was, I believe, about a week after the money was paid.
    Last edited by diethx; 07-18-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Showal View Post
    I was really upset until I realized you didn't say Randy Jackson.
    Woah, dog. Srsly?

Posting the latest update(s) to this story because I'm following it.

7/20/2012

LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe's Czech attorney Martin Radvan spoke to Radio Prague about the singer's arrest in Prague last month on manslaughter charges.

Blythe, 41, is accused of causing the fatal injury that occurred at LAMB OF GOD's May 24, 2010 show in Prague. The singer allegedly either pushed or struck a 19-year-old fan named Daniel Nosek — a guitarist in a local metal band — and that person died almost a month later of bleeding in the brain.

In a closed session, which was originally scheduled for July 19 but took place earlier than planned, a panel of municipal judges reportedly dismissed the Prague State Attorney's Office complaint against Blythe's release on bail. In addition, the court increased Blythe's bail from $200,000 — which has already been paid — to $400,000, which is said to be equivalent to twice Randy's annual income.

"We are now waiting for his release because the band has already collected the additional 200,000 dollars, and only due to long travel time between the Prague Municipal Court and the court for Prague 8, we are still waiting," Radvan said. "Otherwise, he should have already been released."

When asked if Blythe will have to stay in the Czech Republic or if he will be allowed to leave the country upon his release from jail, Radvan said, "Everything indicates that he will be allowed to travel home. But he will have to come back either for further investigation or the trial, and that's what he wants to do. As a world-renowned artist, in a specific genre of music of course, he cannot afford to simply disappear. This is a wrong assumption by the Czech police and the Prague municipal prosecutor who still believe there is a possibility he will disappear and never show up again. But there would be posters with his picture all around the world, and if he wants to continue performing, he will have to return. And he wants to return because he believes he is not guilty of anything he has been charged with."

On the topic of why no one made any attempt to approach them after the incident — not even the police or the family members of the fan — in the two years following the concert in question, Radvan said, "I really don't know. Let me put it this way: nobody was expecting that, unfortunately, this young man Daniel Nosek would die a month after the concert. His father then spoke to the police who launched an investigation and called several witnesses who were at that concert. They also approached the U.S. Department Of Justice and asked them to take part in the investigation, which the department refused to do. Refusing to do so, they did not notify anyone from the band or the management, so no one really knew that investigation was underway, which I think is not something the U.S. Department Of Justice can be proud of.”

On how Randy Blythe is coping with being in jail and whether it's true that he is teaching his Mongolian cellmate English and picking up some Mongolian in return:

Radvan: "Randy Blythe is an intelligent man, he writes songs and now in jail, he has started writing a book. As regards his Mongolian 'neighbor,' Mr. Blythe is not really learning Mongolian from him all the time; we just bought the guy a book of Sudoku so that Randy has a little more time to do things he wants to do."

On whether Randy has complained about the conditions in jail:

Radvan: "Not at all. He says he is being treated in a fair way, and he has no complaints whatsoever about the guards or anybody in the Pankrác prison. He realizes he cannot do anything about the fact that the prison is old... it's not a place where he would like to spend more time, but well, that's how it is."
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 07-21-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Watched the video ... I'm not sure why the fan's (eventual) death was not chalked up to Darwin-reward behavior.

Looked like Randy Blythe just nudged him off with his knee too.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    Watched the video ... I'm not sure why the fan's (eventual) death was not chalked up to Darwin-reward behavior.

Looked like Randy Blythe just nudged him off with his knee too.
    Yeah, assuming the video is of the actual incident(s) it seems clear that Randy himself wasn't responsible. Security would be my first choice, and/or bass player. Unless you can charge the actual bass guitar, in which case lock that fucking instrument up.

LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe was arrested in the Czech Republic on June 27 and is facing manslaughter charges in connection with a 2010 Prague concert at which he allegedly shoved a local fan off the stage. The man, who is said to have stormed the stage three times during the show, reportedly suffered a brain hemorrhage that resulted in his death nearly a month later.

Last week, the court doubled Blythe's bail from about $200,000 to about $400,000.

"[On Tuesday, July 24] the court published that they were upholding the $400,000 bail and Randy's release," LAMB OF GOD's manager, Larry Mazer, told WTVR-TV — the CBS television affiliate based in Richmond, Virginia — in an email. "The prosecutor appealed the $200,000. That appeal was turned down but the bail was raised to $400,000, which, as you know, we paid. But by Czech law, the prosecutor can challenge one more time, which he is doing and that starts the clock all over again."

Mazer did not give an expected time frame for Blythe's release, but he did say he doesn't think it will be within six days. The LAMB OF GOD tour is scheduled to start in Seattle, Washington on August 1.

An official announcement about the tour is expected tomorrow.

Blythe's Czech attorney Martin Radvan told Radio Prague that he expected Blythe to be able to travel home, but that the singer will have to return to the Czech Republic to face trial. "That's what he wants to do," Radvan said. "As a world-renowned artist, in a specific genre of music, of course, he cannot afford to simply disappear."

Radvan added that Randy's stature as a public figure makes it highly unlikely that he would disappear before the trial, saying, "There would be posters with his picture all around the world, and if he wants to continue performing, he will have to return. And he wants to return because he believes he is not guilty of anything he has been charged with."

Radvan said Blythe has been coping with his time in jail, continuing to write music and working on a book.

:X
    Last edited by 4a6c1; 02-13-2013 at 02:58 AM.

A Czech-language report from TV Nova on the start of LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe's trial on charges of manslaughter in the death of a fan at a Prague concert can be seen below.

Blythe is facing the possibility of conviction and a long-term jail sentence after a 2010 incident in which a fan, Daniel Nosek, attending a LAMB OF GOD show died almost a month later, allegedly from injuries sustained when he was thrown off the stage.

Blythe arrived in court this morning (Monday, February 4) about a quarter hour before the scheduled start time and was described by Blesk.cz as "unrecognizable" — sporting slick short hair and a "humble" expression. He did not address reporters before the court session and spoke only with his lawyer.

"And so it begins. I am calm and prepared," Randy wrote on his Instagram account. "Everyone, thanks for your good thoughts and prayers. Have a nice day, y'all!"

According to WTVR, Blythe gave a statement today in front of the three presiding judges (there are no jury trials in the Czech Republic), telling the court that he was a man of his word and had returned to face his charge, just as he promised he would.

"The death of a fan is heartbreaking," he said. "I'm not a man who runs from his problems, but I do not wish to be punished and suffer the consequences of an act I did not commit.

"I never saw Daniel and I never came in contact with him," he added in court.

Also testifying in court today were LAMB OF GOD drummer Chris Adler and the band's manager, Larry Mazer, both of whom described Blythe as quiet and well read. They also explained that Blythe's aggressive stage persona was merely a part of the show.

The trial is expected to last until the end of the week. Tomorrow the court will hear from 12 witnesses who attended the concert.

The parents of Daniel Nosek are demanding compensation of 10 million Czech Koruna (approximately $530,000).