Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Randy Blythe imprisoned in Czech republic. Posts bail, still imprisoned.

Default American Randy Blythe imprisoned in Czech republic. Posts bail, still imprisoned.

Blythe (lead singer for Lamb of God) was arrested in the Czech Republic on June 27 and is facing manslaughter charges in connection with a 2010 Prague concert at which he allegedly shoved a local fan off the stage. The man, who is said to have stormed the stage three times during the show, reportedly suffered a brain hemorrhage that resulted in his death nearly a month later.

Here's what is being touted as video of the alleged incident, with roadie commentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgjXuD1LGPk

Randall "Randy" Blythe, 41, appeared in a Czech courtroom two weeks ago and posted nearly $200,000 in bail in the case, but has not yet been released. Today his bail was doubled to $400,000.

Here's a link to a petition on the White House website if you'd like to support this man.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...paign=shorturl

Politics aside, this is a sticky issue. At a metal show people are crowd surfing, moshing, and being tossed off stage as if it's a carnival ride. Prosecuting the lead singer of the band seems like a game of pin the charge on the nearest donkey. Denying his bail and doubling it seems like railroading.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 07-18-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Blog Entries

I'd blame the security more than anything for letting the guy continuously get on the stage.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'd blame the security more than anything for letting the guy continuously get on the stage.
    I would tend to agree. Additionally, in the wake of Darrell Abbott's onstage shooting in 2004, can you really blame metal acts for forcefully throwing fans into the audience when they storm the stage?
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 07-18-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    I would tend to agree. Additionally, in the wake of Darrel Abbott's onstage shooting a few years back, can you really blame metal acts for forcefully throwing fans into the audience when they storm the stage?
    I can see Prague's stance too though. I mean if I was an American wanted for man slaughter in Prague I would be the fuck out of there while they were still counting my money.
    A message board is a place on the internet you can go to find out with anonymity why you dont speak more often at parties.

Blog Entries

I agree that they could consider him a flight risk.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I agree that they could consider him a flight risk.
    Yeah, that part I can agree with. It's the initial charges, and the accepting his bail money but keeping him imprisoned part that I disagree with. That and doubling the bail money two weeks after he payed it.

Should appeal for EU pressure on them.

Good luck getting the US government to intervene on his behalf. I've had experience with this -- they generally won't get involved.

Does he have any tattoos?
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Nope.