Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American Randy Blythe imprisoned in Czech republic. Posts bail, still imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Tomorrow the court will hear from 12 witnesses who attended the concert.

The parents of Daniel Nosek are demanding compensation of 10 million Czech Koruna (approximately $530,000).
    Witnesses = "We were not Darwin Award candidates too"

Parents = "We refuse to believe that our son won a Darwin Award"

Seems to be a farce of a 'trial'. Hopefully the jury has some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    Witnesses = "We were not Darwin Award candidates too"

Parents = "We refuse to believe that our son won a Darwin Award"

Seems to be a farce of a 'trial'. Hopefully the jury has some sense.
    There is no jury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Ahh I missed the (there are no jury trials in the Czech Republic) part ... okay, well then, I hope that the 3 presiding judges have *some* common sense.

Editted to add that the dude is probably borked, if the judges are elected (as goes the local system here) and the local population there has already rendered its own verdict. Shame.
    Last edited by Atlanteax; 02-05-2013 at 01:59 PM.

According to WTVR.com, LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe will return to the U.S. this week after it was announced in a Czech Republic court his trial would be delayed.

Blythe's defense team asked for the delay because a key witness was sick, according to The Prague Post reporter Jonathan Crane who is helping cover the trial for WTVR.com. The defense team wanted that witness to testify in person.

Another witness is scheduled to testify Thursday, after which the trial will be postponed until March 4, Crane said.

The singer will be allowed to return to the U.S. until his trial resumes. He indicated in court that he would definitely return to Prague next month.

Blythe is facing the possibility of conviction and a long-term jail sentence after a May 2010 incident in which a fan, Daniel Nosek, who attended a LAMB OF GOD performance in Prague, died almost a month later, allegedly from injuries sustained when he was thrown off the stage.

The parents of the alleged victim, Daniel Nosek, are demanding compensation of 10 million Czech Koruna (approximately $530,000).

According to the The Prague Post, the court heard on Wednesday how LAMB OF GOD had sent a list of security demands to the concert venue, notably that barriers should be placed 1.5 meters from the stage. Presiding Judge Tomáš Kubovec noted that this wasn't the case. But promoter Tomáš Fiala told the court the band hadn't expressed any concerns to him, either before or after the gig.

Also today, Michal Pogoši, an expert medical witness, said Nosek's cause of death was pneumonia resulting from a blow to the brainstem, a part of the brain that sits on top of the spinal cord. He added the mortality rate from this kind of injury is around 40 percent, and that doctors couldn't have done more to save the patient.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

I wouldn't be shocked if he could just buy his way out of it in CZ.

And you can't trust a guy who spells Thomas with the h after the s. At least in America.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Thoughts?
    There can be only one. The Highlander was metal, man. The antithesis of all dildos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

The ordeal is finally over for Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe.

A panel of judges in the Czech Republic ruled today (Tuesday, March 5) that concert promoters — not Blythe — were mainly responsible for the 2010 death of a teenage Lamb of God fan, adding that Blythe’s actions didn’t constitute a crime. The state attorney, who had sought a conviction for manslaughter and asked for the minimum sentence of five years, has appealed the decision.

Blythe didn’t face the press after the trial. However, before the trial, he had this to say:

“As I’ve stated previously, I do not wish to avoid my responsibility, and if I thought I were guilty I would plead guilty right now. I still believe I acted responsibly to protect myself, my band, our equipment and our audience. I did not strike anyone or run across the stage to push anyone.”

Blythe also posted the following comment via Instagram:

“I have been found not guilty & acquitted of all charges against me. I am a free man. This photo was taken by my friend @aceyslade- it says it all. Please remember the family of Daniel Nosek in your thoughts & prayers in this difficult time. I only wish for them peace. Thank you for your support- Randy”
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Blog Entries

I just read a recent local news story about a Chinese exchange student who was driving up to 70 mph in a residential neighborhood, he crashed and killed the driver of another car, and injuring four others. He was charged with vehicular homicide and, because he was a foreign national and we have no extradition treaty with China, the bail was set at 2 million dollars. His family posted the full amount. Since he had no previous criminal history, he was set free. Although his passport was surrendered before they released him, I'm willing to bet, with that kind of family backing, that he manages to flee the country.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/M...194676911.html
    Last edited by Tisket; 03-05-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: to include news link
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow