Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 Total War

Blog Entries

Default Rome 2 Total War

So this was recently announced and is set to release in 2013 sometime. I am excited. Pretty good run down here:

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/tota...ayer-and-mods/

Here is the current official trailer... It is live action which sucks, but still neat.

Last edited by Gelston; 07-07-2012 at 04:46 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I like the total war games. I suck at their combat, and usually just let the AI do it, but the gameplay is usually fun.

Blog Entries

A sweet, sweet, gameplay trailer.

Last edited by Gelston; 10-15-2012 at 03:21 PM.

I loved the 'Rome Total Realism' mod for Rome: Total War (I) ... this would be the 6.0 version for the mod (*not* 7 or the later versions) ... as I was far more into the Campaign map mode.

The RTR mod made it so that you had to gradually build a long logistic chain from your home region and slowly 'Romanize' (or equiv for a different faction) as you expanded.

Which made the game far more engaging and challenging vs 'build new top-of-line units in newly captured city' (in RTR, you could only do that in Rome and Capua at start, and otherwise would have to ship them to Carthage / elsewhere if you want to use them as garrisons).

Generally, TW series have been all about the 'epic' battles, but you quickly get to the point where you either auto-resolve (so you can 'skip' the battle) or employ tried-and-true tactics that easily outsmarts the AI (flank flank flank attacks, and defensive position on hill and just wait out timer).

I absolutely love the TW series.

I've been playing the shit out Shogun lately.
    We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight! Hey!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    I loved the 'Rome Total Realism' mod for Rome: Total War (I) ... this would be the 6.0 version for the mod (*not* 7 or the later versions) ... as I was far more into the Campaign map mode.

The RTR mod made it so that you had to gradually build a long logistic chain from your home region and slowly 'Romanize' (or equiv for a different faction) as you expanded.

Which made the game far more engaging and challenging vs 'build new top-of-line units in newly captured city' (in RTR, you could only do that in Rome and Capua at start, and otherwise would have to ship them to Carthage / elsewhere if you want to use them as garrisons).

Generally, TW series have been all about the 'epic' battles, but you quickly get to the point where you either auto-resolve (so you can 'skip' the battle) or employ tried-and-true tactics that easily outsmarts the AI (flank flank flank attacks, and defensive position on hill and just wait out timer).
    RTR was probably the best mod out for RTW. I like the SPQR the most though. And yeah, it DOES get to the point, especially on the older engines, where you could just autoresolve. I think Shogun 2 and especially FotS have gone far to make a better AI. There are some nice mods for it too that ensure the AI doesn't spam 2 unit stacks to just be annoying.

Blog Entries

I love the Total War series, even the red headed stepchildren Empire and Napoleon. Definitely looking forward to a reworking of RTW, there's just something about bringing the light of Rome to barbarian profligate scum.

*edit* I really wish I could have gotten the Third Age mod for Medieval 2 to work.
    Last edited by Taernath; 10-15-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

http://uk.gamespot.com/total-war-rom...arRomeIiGamepl

Video just went up showing about 8 minutes of battle gameplay. I creamed my pants.

I love Shogun.. so fun.
    This space for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvan View Post
    I love Shogun.. so fun.

Know of any great mods for it?
    We'll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight! Hey!