Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: A Night at the Academy

1. Default

Did anyone else notice they dropped the price on this event? I posted on the officials about it and waiting for a response but wouldn't the right thing to do is to give anyone that paid the higher price per ticket a credit for the difference?

They posted the price drop on facebook a couple of weeks ago and you know as well as I do that when Simu gets your money, they don't give it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Herachio View Post
    Did anyone else notice they dropped the price on this event? I posted on the officials about it and waiting for a response but wouldn't the right thing to do is to give anyone that paid the higher price per ticket a credit for the difference?
    When you buy your iPad from Apple the day it comes out and time passes and passes... then they lower the price to make it more enticing before releasing the newer gen iPads, do all the people that bought the iPads at the higher price get their money back for the difference in price?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kronius View Post
    When you buy your iPad from Apple the day it comes out and time passes and passes... then they lower the price to make it more enticing before releasing the newer gen iPads, do all the people that bought the iPads at the higher price get their money back for the difference in price?
    Lets focus on the time passess and passes part of your statement. How much of this time has passed and passed in this case? It hasn't even been 30 days yet since I personally bought a ticket and definitly wasn't 30 days for anyone if they posted about the price change 2 weeks ago. And if you buy a product from a national retailer and they lower the price within 30 days, you can sure as hell go back to that store and ask for the difference.

Lets focus on the time passess and passes part of your statement. How much of this time has passed and passed in this case? It hasn't even been 30 days yet since I personally bought a ticket and definitly wasn't 30 days for anyone if they posted about the price change 2 weeks ago. And if you buy a product from a national retailer and they lower the price within 30 days, you can sure as hell go back to that store and ask for the difference.
    Simutronics isn't a national retailer. Obviously, they felt the price point that they had chosen needed to be tweaked for the quest. If I recall, people weren't breaking down doors to do Academy runs, especially with some of the earlier glitches some folks had complained about (hoping they got some compensation). You lower the price try to drum up more sales.

If I recall, they still have the disclaimer that all sales are final. At the time, you thought the price you paid was fair and completed the quest.

6. Default

Are you even serious with this? First off, it's simu...and second off, even if a "national retailer" lowered their price the very day after you bought something, they're not going to give you the difference. I mean sure, you can ask...but I don't know of any store with that policy.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gweneivia View Post
    Are you even serious with this? First off, it's simu...and second off, even if a "national retailer" lowered their price the very day after you bought something, they're not going to give you the difference. I mean sure, you can ask...but I don't know of any store with that policy.
    They sure will Gwen, I've done it at Best Buy, Walmart and even Toy's R Us before. It's call a price drop guarantee. Granted, it doesn't work for special sales like on Black Friday, but most of the time it's no problem to get the refund.
    Last edited by Herachio; 08-16-2012 at 03:29 PM.

They sure will Gwen, I've done it at Best Buy, Walmart and even Toy's R Us before. It's call a price drop guarantee. Granted, it doesn't work for special sales like on Black Friday, but most of the time it's no problem to get the refund.
    Not ever happening at my store. Glad you were able to get it from those retailers. Not happening with SIMU, either.
    - Galenok

"I'm your huckleberry."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Doesn't quite help the issue of looking like a tard as you run around singing at things. Other than that, you're golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalRob View Post
    If by "singing at," you mean "skull fucking," then yes, you are correct. Bards fucking own.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Drakefang View Post
    Not ever happening at my store. Glad you were able to get it from those retailers. Not happening with SIMU, either.
    Oh, I know it won't happen, doesn't mean we shouldn't complain about it. Simu has always had a lack of respect for their customers but it's just been getting worse as of late.

Oh, I know it won't happen, doesn't mean we shouldn't complain about it. Simu has always had a lack of respect for their customers but it's just been getting worse as of late.
    I doubt I can argue against your last sentence. However, I still think your request was rather way out there. Do you think you'll get $20 back from Blizzard when they drop the price on D3? Even if you didn't buy it, I for one know I won't and asking for it just seems bizzare to me.
    Last edited by Drakefang; 08-16-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    - Galenok

"I'm your huckleberry."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Doesn't quite help the issue of looking like a tard as you run around singing at things. Other than that, you're golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalRob View Post
    If by "singing at," you mean "skull fucking," then yes, you are correct. Bards fucking own.