Thread: Duskruin Arena

Default Duskruin Arena

Would anyone mind providing some tips on the arena here or via PM? Logs would be great to see as well.

What profession are you using and is it a normal or mutant build style?
    Player of Durakar

I'm a 96 bard. I think it's a fairly normal build, short sword and buckler. Is there disarming in the arena?

Anyone mind PMing me some advice on avoiding spikes and torches? I know to look but still not seeing anything. I think I'm supposed to lean out of the way.

Just type watch and it will tell you verb you need to use

Anyone having major lag issues this morning? I'm getting it pretty badly. The arena is in slow mo for me.

Would be cool to get some people using the new GS TV to stream their fights so people can check it out who aren't participating!
    Chris
    Have a good merchant experience with me?
    Leave me some HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheet View Post
    Would be cool to get some people using the new GS TV to stream their fights so people can check it out who aren't participating!
    also, anyone can roll up a f2p character (or use a current one) and go to the arena and watch from the stands
    PB: One day you'll need this number (800) 273-TALK.

Couple friends of mine are interested in coming back under the F2P system. Anyone know if:

There are restrictions on F2P for Duskruin? They could try it out next time.
    Can you give F2P accounts jars/books from the simucoin shop?
    Do the notes you get from arena count towards that 100k limit?
    Chris
    Have a good merchant experience with me?
    Leave me some HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheet View Post
    Couple friends of mine are interested in coming back under the F2P system. Anyone know if:

There are restrictions on F2P for Duskruin? They could try it out next time.
    Can you give F2P accounts jars/books from the simucoin shop?
    Do the notes you get from arena count towards that 100k limit?
    No restrictions other than your limitations as F2P to using abilities, which could potentially hinder your success in Arenas depending on class.

F2P can buy the jars/books on the shop, so they are eligible.

The 100k limit is bank account limit - not character limit. You can have infinite money on your character as you want, but you cannot hold more than 5000 silvers and still perform combat actions (once you exceed 5000 silvers you can do everything except attack with physical or magical abilities).

It is fairly typical / easy for a F2P character to have a second "bank" / "locker" character to hold their items and coin since they will not have access to a regular locker. This proves even more useful for Duskruin type activity since you'll always have access to a bank and/or locker without having to go to town!