Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A Night at the Academy

Default A Night at the Academy

Soooo... This currently has the pimp spot on the home page of the officials, but to nobody's surprise, the link seems to be broken (or empty). Anyone know what this might be referring to?

-Just Dan

2. Default

This may or may not be the festival that they've been preparing for? Not sure if it's paid or not... and normally, when they post the picture and the link is broken it is because they put the cart before the horse and haven't actually set UP the link yet. Happens every year with EG.

Blog Entries

Ticketed Quest, going through the box office for plat, I found this:

A Night at the Academy! - Plat
    Explore a slice of Elanthia's past, sharpen your weapon skills against hordes of undead, and walk away with untold treasure as you explore The Turamzzyrian Academy of Elanthian History! As you step into the past, battle fierce undead and search the area for the artifacts to return them to their proper locations to defeat the plans of an evil malignant spirit! Be quick, however, because as the undead energies keep rising, eventually you will be overwhelmed!
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-31-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Sounds like writing a very good script will be in one's favor if time is a factor.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

So... DM V2.0. I wonder if there'll be random prizes for the participants???!?!?
    -Just Dan

Most definitely not DM v2.0. It was beta'd in plat this past weekend. Scripts would not help. A small prize is given upon completion and creatures drop random treasure gen loot.

Pretty simple quest design, the puzzle wasn't that challenging. Undead to fight that spawn to the level of the participants. Artifacts have to be found and put in the correct display cases before time runs out.

My opinion was that it would have worked better as an EG min-quest not a stand-alone pay event. Price has not yet been set AFAIK.

Oh, and the final prize is not random, but I don't know if it is going to be changed based upon the beta reviews or not, so I'm going to hold off on saying what we got for now. Definitely not DMC level of prize though.

-Richard.

Sounds exhilarating!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RSR View Post
    Most definitely not DM v2.0. It was beta'd in plat this past weekend. Scripts would not help. A small prize is given upon completion and creatures drop random treasure gen loot.

Pretty simple quest design, the puzzle wasn't that challenging. Undead to fight that spawn to the level of the participants. Artifacts have to be found and put in the correct display cases before time runs out.

My opinion was that it would have worked better as an EG min-quest not a stand-alone pay event. Price has not yet been set AFAIK.

Oh, and the final prize is not random, but I don't know if it is going to be changed based upon the beta reviews or not, so I'm going to hold off on saying what we got for now. Definitely not DMC level of prize though.

-Richard.
    How many people running it did you have? Was it mostly a group effort type deal?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

10. Initially yes, then the group of 10 split into smaller groups. Definitely need a healer (or 2) and at least one raising cleric in a run.

-Richard.

For Sale Now for any accounts