Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Migration Plans

Default Migration Plans

I have recently completed the migration of the forums to a new host. The new host will be responsible for performing any future upgrades, installations, and technical maintenance as part of their service package.

Having said that, we are not in the clear just yet and we could still experience some issues until all steps have been taken. The next steps will be to upgrade the forum software to vBulletin 4, and I will also be installing the Tapatalk plugin which seems to be heavily requested. Afterwards the host will look into doing whatever necessary optimizations are needed to keep the forums up to date and running smoothly so that we don't have a reoccurance of this issue.

Those steps should be sufficient to fix this problem once and for all.
    Last edited by Kranar; 05-30-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks, Kranar.

And thanks for keeping this place ad free. With as many hits as this place gets monthly I'd imagine the possibility to make a little side cash must be tempting.

3. Default

thank you

Thanks for the work you did on repairing this.
    Chris

Well, let's face it man, would not have happened without you.

Nice job. That's fucking teamwork!

Thanks Anticor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    Well, let's face it man, would not have happened without you.
    That may be true. But I am just happy to know you got the assistance you need (it sounds like from the hosting company) at a price level you are willing to continue to invest in the community. If you ever need anything, even with our differences, please don't hesitate to call on myself or any one here for help.

We raised thousands of dollars to try and get more people to play Gemstone, and this is not something I expect you to continue to do on your own forever. So just keep that in mind. I know Vbulletin is only a couple hundred bucks but you know the community is willing to foot those bills for you.

I agree with many people that the fact you are distanced from the game provides some security in your position of power, and if you are willing to continue to be in that role all the better for us.

Thank you for your time and attention and I am sure this will be the best forum experience people will get from here for a long time to come.

On that note, the forum I created will sometime in the future start re-directing to this forum. Thank you for everyone else's support or criticisms while this process was worked through.
    Last edited by Buckwheet; 05-30-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    Chris

Good job.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Thanks for fixing things.