Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First concert you ever went to or for that matter any concert you went to

So I looked it up, it was definitely No Doubt opening for Bush and THE GOO GOO DOLLS. IDK what i was thinking with that, but apparently I was into it (The Goo Goo Dolls were from Buffalo so it was a huge deal to be going to their concert in Buffalo, I guess).

Smashing Pumpkins was later.

Those were my first concerts, but my taste trended darker and I spent most of my later high school days following metal bands around - I followed Fear Factory (with (hed) p.e. and Static X) around for almost a summer, and went to quite a few System shows. For bigger stuff I went to a bunch of Manson shows and a couple Alice in Chains/NIN things.
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.

Wow, chances of (hed) p.e. being mentioned in consecutive posts within minutes of each other?
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.

Blog Entries

Oddly enough, my first concert was No Doubt opening for Third Eye Blind, I think. I know No Doubt was there because they were fucking awesome. The second band I can't remember.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

heh First Show I saw was Quiet Riot, of course I also saw Metallica at a bar with like 350 seats before anyone knew who they were, saw literally dozens of shows a year in my 20s, benefit of having tons of small college clubs in Boston I guess
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

5. Default

First concert was Tool in the mid 90s.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    First concert was Tool in the mid 90s.
    I love mid-90's TOOL.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

I went to On the Bricks over the course of a couple years back in high school and shortly afterward (2001-2003ish). Aside from that my first real concert was Ozzfest '07 in Charlotte, NC, when I fell in love with Maria Brink. The last was Black Label Society last summer playing at the House of Blues in Atlantic City. Awesome.

Gonna fuckin date myself here. Blood Sweat and Tears with David Clayton Thomas Jr. at the Sun Dome in St Petersburg FL. Was in the fourth row with my family. Horns were awesome when your 9 years old.

KISS was next in Madison Wis 1978. First solo concert w/ a date.

Best, Summerfest in Milwaukee WI didn't suck but the LiveStock concerts in Zepherhills FL that 98 Rock put on between 93-98 were top. Bands and Crowd were awesome, mosh pit for the most part pretty clean with the exception of a couple peeps getting Med Flighted out. CAMP GROUNDS and the Super Soaker Alley and The Mass Parties in the woods will always get my vote for #1

Iron Maiden in... I want to say it was like '97 at the Aragon. It was a million fucking degrees. People were passing out from the heat, and a $9 drink would steam in your hand. I remember being too horrendously hot to even really enjoy the music.

Monster Magnet opened- they got pelted with beverages until they vacated the stage. They sucked horribly and deserved what they got.

First concert was a tiny venue called the Empress Ballroom, I'm pretty sure it was Daphne loves Derby - I recall not knowing who the hell that was, but my friend wasn't allowed to go unless she had a friend go with her.

It was hot, and they sold out of water very quickly. It was hell
    I got that job, by the way