Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OH MY GOOD GOD.

Default OH MY GOOD GOD.

Velvet Revolver is actually pretty good.

Did I scare you? Good. You may return to your regularly scheduled mediocrity now.

p.s. SUCKERS

[Edited on 6-27-2004 by Maimara]
    Love me or hate me, but spare me your indifference.

\\"CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME!\\"

They're good, except how skeletal Scott Weiland looks in the video.

Slash still remains awesome.
    Drew Can Not [9:13 P.M.]: and she said WHO IS COLEY
    Drew Can Not [9:13 P.M.]: and I said THE FUCKING MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE
    Drew Can Not [9:13 P.M.]: AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT

Retrieving name suggestions. This may take a few moments.
    I>
    Ultranoob, Kainis, Rastilli, Lmarythr, Lemdiprey

Dude, Slash's Snake Pit sucked so bad...

I love Velvet Revolver.

I have only heard the one song from them, and it is nice to hear a group put out an actual "rock" song now a days.

Velvet Revolver = Not to bad
    It is for her own good that the cat purrs. - Japanese Proverb

The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world\\'s problems. - Mohandas Gandhi

Confusion is the highest state because it comes just before knowing. - Suzuki

Mysteriously, wonderfully I bid farewell to what goes and what comes for what comes cannot be denied and what goes cannot be detained. - Chuang Tzu

You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair. - Chinese Proverb

In the name of religion the worst crimes against humanity have ever been perpetuated. - Elizabeth Lady Stanton

GOOD WILL TOWARD ALL BEINGS IS THE TRUE RELIGION. - BUDDHA

7. Default

I originally posted this on the SR the day I bought the cd. Good stuff. I can't stop listening to it. Also, the intro of 'Fall to Pieces' is the closing riff on 'Patience.' They came to Houston last friday but nobody else wanted to go see em with me so I got drunk instead.

Review:

lemme start with a lil background. this band is a collection of seasoned musicians. slash (guitar), duff mckagan (bass) and matt soren (drums) are from guns n roses. scott weiland from the stone temple pilots is on vocals and former suicidal tendencies guitarist dave kushner is on guitar.

this album is a breath of fresh air amongst the musical stagnation of late. if you wanna compare this cd to either of the previous bands, its closer to stp than guns. 'dirty little thing' sounds a lot like the stp tune 'sex type thing.' at the moment, 'dirty' is my favorite song from the cd. at the end it has a great layered vocal part that just rocks.

the guitar work on this cd is excellent. deleo did great things for stp but he just doesn't stand up to slash. slash's guitar work sounds more like his stuff with the snakepit than guns. its heavier. but the solos are there. that's the sole reason I grew to like guns in the first place.

the cd opens with duff playing bass on 'sucker train blues.' I've always liked duff's playing. he plays the bass as an actual instrument rather than just part of the rhythm section. as with most songs on the album slash comes in with a guitar part that's based on a cool riff rather than a simple 4 beat chord strum. in the second song, 'do it for the kids,' has a really dang cool guitar part in the chorus. slash really tears it up. they slow it down on 'falling to pieces' and 'you got no right.' both songs start off with a very clean tone and build up, very similar to the guns hits paradise city or 'sweet child o mine.' definitely has slash's touch.

ok time for a bit of criticism. if you're looking for an epic, instant classic like november rain, you're not going to find it. its also missing the extended solos like slash has previously done in songs like paradise city.

now that I get to thinking about it, this cd compares fairly closely with the new audioslave. very riff based, but slash does all the leads that tom morello doesn't. its in standard tuning too, from what I can tell without picking up a guitar. (which is a huge plus in my book)

in conclusion, this is a very solid cd and if you get off to good old fashioned, guitar driven rock n roll, this your first chance of the decade.
    The killer of Satira's kitten.

Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
    It makes me cry, and also instills the strong urge to punch you in the tit.

8. Default

also, I hate the copy protection they use on this cd. I have yet to find a way to crack it.

Now I'm listening to oldschool GNR.

Brings back memories.

10. Default

guns n roses is one of the few bands who have made entire cds that I can listen to all the way thru without wanting to skip tracks. the only cd of theirs that I didn't much like was the spaghetti incident? although the video for 'since I don't have you' was loaded with hot chicks