Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome back to Shattered, IorakeWarhammer

use the lich game entry thing? its betters
    R.I.P Grandma, You Will Always Be Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    use the lich game entry thing? its betters
    I have difficulty breaking old habits. And the fact that it should be working just like it did before, but is not, is the sort of thing that tends to sit in the back of my mind and pester me.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    The fact that it should be working just like it did before, but is not, is the sort of thing that tends to sit in the back of my mind and pester me.
    Not trying to offend, but I see this as a weakness. Due to new operating systems, new hardware, new programs, etc... it will often not work "like it did before". Look for a new way to achieve the same result, not the old way to achieve the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Not trying to offend, but I see this as a weakness. Due to new operating systems, new hardware, new programs, etc... it will often not work "like it did before". Look for a new way to achieve the same result, not the old way to achieve the same result.
    The only thing that would be different is the version of ruby and possibly lich that I used to install the stuff with; all I did was nuke the HD and do a clean install of the same OS with minimal data restore. That's really where I planned to start when I got around to messing with it, but I'm not convinced it'll solve the problem.

I seem to recall having the issue once before, which I think was caused by trying to install lich before actually logging in to the game without the SGE and subsequently getting the .SAL file. Lich works fine if I login through the website or lich.rbw, it just doesn't sync with the SGE. Soo, I'm not entirely lost (this will likely bite me in the ass, cause that's how things tend to go). I just don't have the time/care to fuck with it for the time being.