Thread: Game of Thrones MMO

Default Game of Thrones MMO

The third Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire video game has been announced.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/29/bi...ies-exclusive/

Couple quotes from the article:

It is using big brands such as Game of Thrones to get an edge with its free-to-play online games.
    he company will show a sneak peek of the game, a browser-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game (an MMORPG that doesn’t require a long download) at the upcoming Game Developers Conference next week in San Francisco.
    Work on the game began last summer and a closed beta test is planned for the fall of 2012. Bigpoint has more than 250 million registered users. Last year, investors Summit Partners and TA Associates bought a majority stake in Bigpoint for $350 million in a deal that valued Bigpoint at $600 million. Bigpoint has more than 800 employees now.
    What morons, right? What kind of idiots think they have a viable business model with a free to play browser based game. Don't they know they need to charge a minimum $15 a month for access, and that just for text. They'll never get big and play with the big boys unless they charge enough to scare away most players. The fools, hahahaha

I think they released a PC game for it, but I recall it being regarded as a disappointment.

Unless I can rape a disemboweled animal in front of a 6-year old girl this will not have the GoT flavor I require.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvicke View Post
    Unless I can rape a disemboweled animal in front of a 6-year old girl this will not have the GoT flavor I require.
    Was that in the HBO series or the book? I have not read/watched either.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription!

[Shattered]-GSF:Wiggles: "How come all the groups that make enemies with Ifor end up quitting Shattered once he decides to eliminate them? I'm not saying he's a secret GM, but if he was a secret GM...."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    I think they released a PC game for it, but I recall it being regarded as a disappointment.
    Genesis was pretty bad, from what I've been reading. I still kinda want to play it though just because of the setting.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

You don't want to play it. That game is irredeemable GARBAGE.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam