Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone tell me whats going on with this?

Default anyone tell me whats going on with this?

trying to enchant an enhansive item.

this is the item loresong..
    As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the ora falchion in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic around the ora falchion. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the falchion is as some type of weapon. Also, it seems to have some sort of enhancive properties.

It has a bonus of +10 from a normal falchion, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively.

The falchion resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
    It provides a bonus to Stamina Recovery.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 47 times.
    It provides a bonus to Max Health.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 27 times.
    You think that you could probably find out something more about the falchion's enhancive properties if you tried.

The falchion resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
    It provides a bonus of 12 to Stamina Recovery.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 47 times.
    It provides a bonus of 11 to Max Health.
    This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 27 times.
    The falchion looks to have a lot of charges remaining.

You sense that the ora falchion will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

This falchion is not blessed..

here is the pretemper pour..

You remove an ayveneh potion from in your backpack.
    >pour my pot on my fal
    You pour your potion on the falchion.
    1d100: 58 + Modifiers: 133 == 191

As the liquid coats the surface of the ora falchion, you murmur a few words of power while gesturing over the falchion.
    The liquid quickly seeps into the ora falchion and leaves nothing behind but a faint glow.
    You examine the falchion closely and, though the faint glow appears to be fading rapidly, are satisfied that it is ready to take a standard tempering potion.
    Roundtime: 20 sec.

here is my temper pour where i get the fail message...

You remove a rohnuru potion from in your backpack.
    >pour pot on my fal
    You pour your potion on the falchion.
    The liquid bubbles slightly as it touches the surface of the ora falchion, but then merely evaporates without effect.

krakiipedia says this is for when an item is edged or ebladed..

any ideas what im doing wrong?

Blog Entries

Could it be sancted, weighted, or be a defensive(DS adding) weapon?
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-06-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

is you second Potion enough for an item that is +10 already?
    might try the next potion up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by liloldman View Post
    is you second Potion enough for an item that is +10 already?
    might try the next potion up
    What he said, you need Duqnuru, as your Rohnuru only enchants up to 2x.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

5. Default

Use this chart: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Enchanting_potions

Pay special note to the first column that mentions the starting enchant of the weapon, follow it across and that's the potion you need.
    Truth, Justice and the Arabian way!

Blog Entries

Starting enchant doesn't really matter, you can use any higher for lower, just look to the ending enchant.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

the first time i tried it i had used the correct potion, when it didnt work i got it loresung and tested for other stuff, came back and tried again, the second time is when i used the wrong potion, just so happens thats the clip i posted.

oh a whim after reading your replies though i tried a dirtokh and no luck, then i tried a mirtokh, and got this..

The faint glow fades from a silver-hilted ora falchion.
    As the liquid coats the surface of the ora falchion, a misty aura fills the air surrounding it, dancing around your fingers as you gesture over it with a soft incantation spilling from your lips. Small runic symbols flare to life at various points along the surface of the falchion, their blurry edges wavering in response to the cadence of your voice and the liquid in these areas absorbing quickly beneath the surface. When the last of the liquid has vanished, the symbols dissipate and the falchion appears faded. You scrutinize the ora falchion, notice nothing amiss, and conclude that the tempering seems to have been successful. You estimate that the ora falchion should be ready to enchant in about 2 to 3 days.

strange... any ideas?

8. Default

Did you pour your pre-temper potion twice before attempting to use the temper potion? Pre-temper potions require one dose per step.

If you didn't pour the pre-temper twice before trying the temper, that is likely why it didn't work the first time and did work the second.

Here's info on pre-temper potions:
    http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Enchanting_potions
    Truth, Justice and the Arabian way!

Did you pour your pre-temper potion twice before attempting to use the temper potion? Pre-temper potions require one dose per step.
    While the second sentence is correct, this first is a misinterpretation. Pre-temper potions only need to be poured once per step. From krakiipedia:
    a project for 4x to 5x would require five doses

Quote Originally Posted by Jymamon View Post
    While the second sentence is correct, this first is a misinterpretation. Pre-temper potions only need to be poured once per step. From krakiipedia:
    a project for 4x to 5x would require five doses
    The pre-temper fades completely after 5 minutes so, if no successful enchanting potion pour occurred within that 5 minute period then another pre-temper potion pour would be necessary. Don't know if this may have happened but it's a potential explanation.

Mark