Thread: Locksmithing Bard Builds?

1. Default Locksmithing Bard Builds?

Curious what's out there right now, anyone have comfortable hunting builds that allow you to pick?

Think I could get by with picking like level boxes with 1.5x PL/Disarm/Perception if I used 403/404/402?
    - Mr. Red Bar
    Selling silvers @ $7.00 per! AIM: Onishark

1.5x would work for many levels with the MnE spells to augment it. I would ideally go for 2x picking and 1.5x traps. 1x perception will be alright for a while as well though you might want to check for traps 2 or 3 times at lower levels. By the time you get to cap I think you should be doubled in everything and probably try to get some enhancives if you are serious about picking everything you can. Others might not agree on that point.

Any weapon skill can be made to work with sacrifices. Ranged goes well since you want perception anyway. If you tell us what race and killing style(s) you're interested in I can give you some more detailed information.

3. Default

trying to make something work for a lancing bard who is able to pick his own boxes on the side.
    - Mr. Red Bar
    Selling silvers @ $7.00 per! AIM: Onishark

Brawling pure with an instrument is pretty rad.

Elf

STR 62
    CON 60
    DEX 70
    AGL 70
    DIS 75
    AUR 69
    LOG 74
    INT 50
    WIS 50
    INF 80

Those are very quickly thrown in, not-in-any-way-tweaked numbers. Not built for cap, not built for max TPs, but a general in-between easily playable build. Even with those stats you get a 5 second lance swing at level 32 and can train thusly:

2x polearm
    1x CM
    1x PF
    2x locks
    1.5x traps
    1x perception
    1x HP
    1x spells
    1x until 35 for brig

This leaves you with 642 PTP and 1096 MTP left to play with at cap and at level 7 you have 1 PTP / 10 MTP per level to play with. Fill in AS/MIU/lores/climb/swim/dodge (<- this one is always the killer for me on picking bards) where you can.

Like I said, I worked that up in about 10 minutes. It won't be an optimized beast when it comes to hunting, but you can make a completely workable build.

6. Default

i have never worked the number but have you thought of ranged?

Ya get the x2 perception to help with traps and you dont have to spend points on CM which is a huge tp soak.

i dont know how much over training in spells you could do but i would also recommend that.

good luck

GBB

Ranged is my recommendation for a picking bard as well, but figured I'd just give what he asked for. Ranged and picking also work well because you can hunt way past friend until you can't carry another box and then stay on a node longer picking for max xp. I like to do that sometimes, I'm assuming other people do too.