Page 583 of 663 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593633 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 6622

Thread: Dumb things liberals say:

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    As usual, this is right-wing histrionics.

The law now allows for abortions to be performed after 24 weeks IF there is an "absence of foetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health."

Absolutely no one is having their fully healthy baby aborted a day before term. This is political theater.
    I was just reading that same article. It's the BBC one that was quoting that, assuming you were reading the same. Anyway I came here to say and link mostly the same as you, but since you've already done it, here's just the link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46994583

The law now allows for abortions to be performed after 24 weeks IF there is an "absence of foetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health."

Absolutely no one is having their fully healthy baby aborted a day before term. This is political theater.
    Yeah, it did seem a little crazy to have a fully developed baby aborted.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    The law says if you can get a nurse to say that having the baby will affect you mentally, you can get a murder- I mean, abortion- up until the very moment of birth. Doesn't even need to be a doctor to perform the murder- I mean, abortion.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    So we can't abort Trump is what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Look on the bright side. Most of the people in the US who get abortions are leftists, which means they'd otherwise be producing more leftists. And who really wants more of those idiots running around, being offended and virtue signaling and not showering and shit?
    Most are also black.

"Protect the patient's health" is about as vague as it gets.

Also, Mr. Expert, please explain to me one situation after 24 weeks of pregnancy in which an abortion is necessary to save the mother's life? Don't bother with your usual hemming and hawing because there is none. Deliver the baby? Sure. But 100% abortion is the only answer? Nope. None.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    The law says if you can get a nurse to say that having the baby will affect you mentally, you can get a murder- I mean, abortion- up until the very moment of birth. Doesn't even need to be a doctor to perform the murder- I mean, abortion.
    Now now, the left wing circle jerk is here to defend outright murder, don't confuse them with facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

Also, Mr. Expert, please explain to me one situation after 24 weeks of pregnancy in which an abortion is necessary to save the mother's life? Don't bother with your usual hemming and hawing because there is none. Deliver the baby? Sure. But 100% abortion is the only answer? Nope. None.
    They can just say that having an unwanted baby would make them suicidal, which affects their mental health, and threatens their life. Then they can get the murd- I mean abortion, up until the very moment of birth.
    Last edited by Wrathbringer; 01-30-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

The previous law already allowed for abortions after 24 weeks if the mother's life was in danger.

From the little bit I bothered to read, it looks like they changed "blah blah mother's life in danger" to "blah blah mother's health in danger" which seems to be just a massive blanket statement that includes "emotional" health i.e. "My mom's gonna be mad at me if I have a kid and that's bad for my fee fees!"

Whether that will actually happen or not who knows, but the wording seems vague enough to where it could include pretty much any "emotional" reason.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible