Page 553 of 663 FirstFirst ... 53453503543551552553554555563603653 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 6622

Thread: Dumb things liberals say:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    You won't even give her the benefit of naming herself. Look in the mirror- that's what a raging bigot looks like. To decide that being trans means you aren't entitled to a level of respect you would give literally any other adult is just disgusting. Congratulations on being "that" Thanksgiving uncle everyone jokes about and prays doesn't start talking after a few drinks.
    Benefit of naming himself? What? No, I call him Chelsea. I call him a him because... He is a male.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Well, how about Gelston not sharing the view that an individual is the one who decides who and what they are?
    I'm taking the view of science. He is a biological male. He is a man. He is a he.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-29-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Back, this is what I was referring to in the other thread. Attacks against anyone who doesn't share your view is SOP.
    You think there's a moral high ground to standing by quietly while people dehumanize others for being a part of a minority group?

There isn't. The world would be a much better place if we had a lot less of that. We're not talking about theories of economics or political preferences. We're talking about actual people.
    Last edited by time4fun; 05-29-2018 at 01:09 PM.

You won't even give her the benefit of naming herself. Look in the mirror- that's what a raging bigot looks like. To decide that being trans means you aren't entitled to a level of respect you would give literally any other adult is just disgusting. Congratulations on being "that" Thanksgiving uncle everyone jokes about and prays doesn't start talking after a few drinks.
    Lol u mad?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Well, how about Gelston not sharing the view that an individual is the one who decides who and what they are?
    He has that right, just as she has the right to identify as a female and name herself accordingly.

Blog Entries

You think there's a moral high ground to standing by quietly while people dehumanize others for being a part of a minority group?

There isn't. The world would be a much better place if we had a lot less of that. We're not talking about theories of economics or political preferences. We're talking about actual people.
    How am I dehumanizing him?

I mean, if I wanted to dehumanize him I'd call him a convicted felon and a criminal. I wouldn't be wrong either, but I'm not calling him that here. I'm calling him by his biological sex.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-29-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm not saying you shouldn't stand up for what you believe in. I'm saying the way you go about it doesn't lend itself to changing anyone's mind or furthering the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'm taking the view of science. He is a biological male. He is a man. He is a he.
    This is correct.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I'm not saying you shouldn't stand up for what you believe in. I'm saying the way you go about it doesn't lend itself to changing anyone's mind or furthering the conversation.
    This isn't about what people believe in- it's about human dignity.

The point isn't to change Gelston's mind. It's to avoid giving the consent of indifference to that kind of behavior. It's to stop making it so easy for people to treat others as less than human.

Morality is a thing worth talking about. You're not above the fray in this case- you're ushering it along.

Blog Entries

The point isn't to change Gelston's mind. It's to avoid giving the consent of indifference to that kind of behavior. It's to stop making it so easy for people to treat others as less than human.

Morality is a thing worth talking about. You're not above the fray in this case- you're ushering it along.
    The thing you have to understand is that I don't give a fuck about you "consent". I'm not treating him as less than human. I'm treating him exactly as a human. I'm not calling him it.

This is retarded.