Page 501 of 663 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 6622

Thread: Dumb things liberals say:

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Nor should she be. You don't prosecute people for art just because you find it offensive.
    I know, that's why I said I respect free speech.

PS it's hilarious the way you are ignoring the Portland situation and rallying around this.
    Please don't lump me in here. I know you have back and forth flame wars with a few people on this side of the boards. Most of the time I agree more with you than them, but I deliberately stay out of it. I commented on THIS picture (this was actually the first place I'd seen it). It'd be just as repugnant to me if Kid Rock was holding a severed Hilary head. Don't take my visceral reaction to something that I find over the line (regardless of political orientation) as a chance to paint me with a broader brush, please. There are others here who will gleefully spew vitriol with you.
    Last edited by 0zymandius; 05-31-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 0zymandius View Post
    I know, that's why I said I respect free speech.

Please don't lump me in here. I know you have back and forth flame wars with a few people on this side of the boards. Most of the time I agree more with you than them, but I deliberately stay out of it. I commented on THIS picture (this was actually the first place I'd seen it). It'd be just as repugnant to me if Kid Rock was holding a severed Hilary head. Don't take my visceral reaction to something that I find over the line (regardless of political orientation) as a chance to paint me with a broader brush, please. There are others here who will gleefully spew vitriol with you.
    Fair enough. The you was the plural version, but it did include you. Rescinded.

PS it's hilarious the way you are ignoring the Portland situation and rallying around this.
    What "Portland situation" are you referring to.

Also, no one here is "rallying around" this. At all. It was a post in a forum titled "Dumb things liberal say". Nothing more.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Nor should she be. You don't prosecute people for art just because you find it offensive.

Having said that, Judith Butler made some pretty interesting and compelling arguments that hate speech should be treated as violence in Excitable Speech.

I could never quite bring myself to embrace the juridical implications of her work ( which she was always coy about- as in all her academic work)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

I'm pretty tolerant about art, but this isn't art.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Is too.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It's definitely art. More than that, it's art as political commentary. There are important reasons why we shouldn't be musing- even in a non-committal way- about prosecuting it or denying its nature.
    Last edited by time4fun; 05-31-2017 at 11:28 AM.

It's definitely art. More than that, it's art as political commentary. There are important reasons why we shouldn't be musing- even in a non-committal way- about prosecuting it or denying its nature.
    You're the most retarded person here.

Blog Entries

In the most dippy if-it-makes-you-feel-something-it's-art definition, yes, it's art, but it's not something that's worthy of any serious consideration or discussion. If this were a conservative who had a severed Obama head or Hillary head, it would be just as bad. Hell, if it were a private citizen who carried around a reproduction of another private citizen's head, there would probably be a restraining order involved. This is not ok and should not be normalized.

Pisschrist? Sure. Interior Scroll? Alright. Those nude Trump statues last year? Gross, but fine. This shit? Nope.
    Last edited by Taernath; 05-31-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Is this art?

Last edited by Methais; 05-31-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible