Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound card help

1. Default Sound card help

So apparently I bought a motherboard that doesn't have a PCI slot and my sound card needs one. It's an HT Omega claro halo and I'd rather not return it, but I didn't even know people still used PCI slots. If I were to buy one of those PCI to PCI-express slot adapters would I lose any sound quality?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815158165

If that wouldn't work does anyone know of some good high quality pci-e sound cards? Matching it up with some sennheiser pc350s.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 12-16-2011 at 10:14 AM.

I think soundblaster 2.0 is enough because then you can get enough out of your DMI channels, even if you have to press the turbo button, to hear at least four or five wave files at once as the DooM Guy lays waste to cacodemons.

IDCHOPPERS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

I find onboard audio to be quite good enough and haven't messed with a sound card in years.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    I think soundblaster 2.0 is enough because then you can get enough out of your DMI channels, even if you have to press the turbo button, to hear at least four or five wave files at once as the DooM Guy lays waste to cacodemons.

IDCHOPPERS.
    Where is my turbo button?!?!?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    I find onboard audio to be quite good enough and haven't messed with a sound card in years.
    Onboard audio still pales in comparison to a dedicated sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Where is my turbo button?!?!?
    Hmmmmm. Having worked in TCA we can probably buy about ... an hour or two after bodying luddites for their 386s. You get your people, I'll set myself up for a promotion.
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

7. Default

Wut

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Wut
    My apologies, I was just implying that we would somehow obtain older versions of personal computers with the turbo function (button) and use methods that society frowns on as a method to obtain them. I also used an acronym associated with a unit I've worked for and gave a hypothetical timetable based on using IZE method and thinking criminally, bunch of other 101 shit. Anyway, IDSPISPOPD, they'll never see you coming.

Oh right, then I threw in a sort-of-understandable-reference-if-you're-not-too-high about framing you and taking credit based on my work. I think that's about it.
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 12-16-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: To unclarify.

9. Default

I received a telepathic vision from the stanley burrell of the future, showing me what I needed to do to get this sound card to work, should have it up and running by tomorrow. He told me to tell you to buy yourself a drink.

Hahaha! Stanley Burrell of the past was responding to your telegram with some barely legible note about his new phonograph. But that things is actually a white noise time bender that summoned the me, from five minutes from now, to. Drink. IPA.

A transient thank you.