Page 155 of 174 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1735

Thread: Which Good TV Shows Have You Seen Recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    A few years ago when they released mk 1 2 and 3 arcade versions for xbox 360 I got those and pre-ordered the klassic arcade fight stick from gamestop. I played it one time (and it was awesome), then put it back in the box and forgot about it because kids. Unfortunately, now they go for less than they did new these days.
    This one?

I got the non-klassic one when MK9 came out, but it never felt quite right on MK9. Not because of a lack of quality, just that playing the new MK games using the old MK button layout doesn't work as well as it should, since the attack buttons are all different now than the old HP/LP/HK/LK/Blk/Run layout. Still playable as fuck though.

They're great as storage for your stash & paraphernalia though.

MK 1-3 are also getting the home arcade cabinet treatment this year for like $300. And MK11 comes out in April, which gives me a massive boner.

Arcade1Up is making a home arcade cabinet for the Mortal Kombat trilogy

Last edited by Methais; 01-11-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    This one?

I got the non-klassic one when MK9 came out, but it never felt quite right on MK9. Not because of a lack of quality, just that playing the new MK games using the old MK button layout doesn't work as well as it should, since the attack buttons are all different now than the old HP/LP/HK/LK/Blk/Run layout. Still playable as fuck though.

They're great as storage for your stash & paraphernalia though.

MK 1-3 are also getting the home arcade cabinet treatment this year for like $300. And MK11 comes out in April, which gives me a massive boner.

Arcade1Up is making a home arcade cabinet for the Mortal Kombat trilogy

Completely agree about the stick. It's made for the arcade versions so best for those. Yeah the mk1 graphics on it. Thanks for the links. I'd be really tempted to get one of each arcade cabinet at $300 each. Would take up space, but hey, that's what space is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You didn't hear about MK HD remake?

I have no idea if it's still dead, or if WB is going to allow it or what. If they know what's good for their ballsacks they'll green light it.
    First I've heard of it. Even though the updated game looks really good, the original Mortal Kombat would be tough to find an audience for these days, I think. Two and three would seem more likely to actually be played.

As far as its current status, I can't imagine it being anything other than dead as fuck. MK11 comes out in a couple months and I tend to believe a re-make of 1-3 would not be a very successful/profitable move for NRS.

edit: Believe it or not, I completely stumbled on this incidentally after posting... apparently they're expected to be using Ronda Rousey as Sonya Blade. They used Felice Herrig as Cassie Cage in the last game.

https://twitter.com/Jrnotjnr18/statu...425794/photo/1
    Last edited by subzero; 01-11-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Completely agree about the stick. It's made for the arcade versions so best for those. Yeah the mk1 graphics on it. Thanks for the links. I'd be really tempted to get one of each arcade cabinet at $300 each. Would take up space, but hey, that's what space is for.
    The MK one will have MK 1-3 all in the same cabinet. Unless you were wanting to play Golden Tee without some 50 year old hooker with a 4 inch ash hanging off of her cigarette eyeing you from the bar or something.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-12-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    First I've heard of it. Even though the updated game looks really good, the original Mortal Kombat would be tough to find an audience for these days, I think. Two and three would seem more likely to actually be played.
    Old MK games still have a pretty big following at least in the fighting game community, but that's the case with a lot of old fighting games from the 90s. The big hangup with MK1 HD is that it was just some indy guys that put it together and then WB was like CEASE AND DESIST and then at some point talks began on whether to allow them to finish the game and it's been back and forth ever since with WB basically being bipolar.

I wanna say I read something not too long ago about WB basically being like "If you finish it we'll publish it but we're not paying for shit" but they may have changed their minds again since then even.

As far as its current status, I can't imagine it being anything other than dead as fuck. MK11 comes out in a couple months and I tend to believe a re-make of 1-3 would not be a very successful/profitable move for NRS.
    It would rule if it was packed in with MK11 as an Ultimate Edition bonus or something like that, but I'm not counting on it.

edit: Believe it or not, I completely stumbled on this incidentally after posting... apparently they're expected to be using Ronda Rousey as Sonya Blade. They used Felice Herrig as Cassie Cage in the last game.

https://twitter.com/Jrnotjnr18/statu...425794/photo/1
    Saw that yesterday too. I think she'll do ok, but they should bring Kerri Hoskins back instead. She'll always be the best Sonya. And she has nudes. And is a cool person.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-12-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Blog Entries

The '60s/'70s/'80s/'90s shows on Netflix are 🔥

Still have to watch 2000's
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

7. Default

Fortitude on Amazon Prime is fucking amazing.

American Gods - Not sure if it's ever been mentioned, but I have a love hate relationship with this show. I think the story, characters, and actors are great, but more happens in one episode of Game of Thrones than the first two seasons combined of this show. At this point over the first two seasons, they've been preparing for a war between gods that only now "maybe" just started, I'm not even sure.

Randomly stumbled across DC's Doom Patrol. It's not easily available since apparently DC has it's own network, and that is the only official way to find the show, so pirating became necessary. This is one of those extremely abstract comics that is just plain strange.

Brendan Frasier voices one of the main characters.
    Alan Tudyk (Wash from Firefly) is the primary villain.
    Timothy Dalton, who's been in everything, is like the professor X of these deranged "heroes".

Dark, sometimes funny, sometimes tragic, sometimes insane... Oh, and Cyborg makes a showing for a lot of the episodes.
    Last edited by Maerit; 04-30-2019 at 01:40 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    American Gods - Not sure if it's ever been mentioned, but I have a love hate relationship with this show. I think the story, characters, and actors are great, but more happens in one episode of Game of Thrones than the first two seasons combined of this show. At this point over the first two seasons, they've been preparing for a war between gods that only now "maybe" just started, I'm not even sure.
    If applying the "big picture" side of things, it seems Mr. Wednesday is pulling as many strings as he can to NOT impede on Shadow's free will. It was a very drawn out scenario for that, but I saw season one setting up "sides" and fleshing out the players all the while having things to make Shadow believe, whereas season two Wednesday spent half the season just setting up ways for Shadow to unleash his power. I liked Mad Sweeney, but they spent about 1 1/2 episodes too much focusing on him only to Ned Stark his ass.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."