Page 160 of 173 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1730

Thread: Which Good TV Shows Have You Seen Recently?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Somebody Feed Phil on netflix is a phenomenal cooking show. I love the dude.
    I've never heard of it but it sounds like it's right up my alley. On my watchlist now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I've never heard of it but it sounds like it's right up my alley. On my watchlist now.
    It's more a show about food than actual recipes/cooking I guess, but I do really like it and I watch tons of food shows.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

This thread is so long, no idea if these were already mentioned before. Just started exploring amazon prime offerings and was pleasantly surprised.

Amazon Prime:
    The Boys - totally different twist on the superhero series, but VERY violent and slightly disturbing
    Doom Squad - also a superhero series, but much more funny/comedy focused then The Boys, also really really good
    Future Man - loved this. If you are a Rick and Morty fan watch this, it's basically a live-action rick and morty with plenty of cheezy comedy references the glory days of the 80s, quite clever jokes/writing, and future sciencey mind-benders

Netflix:
    KIPO - great sci-fi cartoon with positive gender message and kickass music
    Last Kingdom - was pretty into this
    Vikings - not bad
    Star Trek: Discovery - i am not a trekkie, but love sci-fi shows. Was never super into previous star trek series. I started this like a year ago then didnt really get into it. Tried it again recently and now I'm hooked. Just started season 3 and its really a trip, good stuff.

Educational:
    Explained - from VICE, one of the best zeitgeist docu-series ever
    The Patriot Act - explains lots of stuff about US/Global socio-economic issues with satire
    The Social Dilema - make you delete your social media accounts

Other than that just waiting for more Rick and Morty's
    Last edited by nocturnix; 11-02-2020 at 09:20 AM.

One more recommendation for The Queen's Gambit.

Also loved Ted Lasso.

If you like cooking shows, Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat and Ugly Delicious are great (so is Somebody Feed Phil, which SHM mentioned). Oh, and if you've not seen Jiro Dreams of Sushi you should.

Missed this. The Expanse. It was hard to start, but amazing once I gave it some time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tash View Post
    Missed this. The Expanse. It was hard to start, but amazing once I gave it some time.
    I used to watch it in my VR movie theater in space. It was funner that way.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

I read the books this was based on before watching the show, which usually means I end up disappointed. But not this time. Great adaptation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

I've really enjoyed The Expanse.

I'm also going to put in a plug for Utopia on Amazon, and The Umbrella Academy on Netflix.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Utopia was awesome on Amazon. Cancelled already. Umbrella Academy still going strong. Upload on Amazon.. loved it. The Patriot on Amazon. One of the best shows. The Expanse is just one that I've liked so much I am rewatching already.

Utopia was awesome on Amazon. Cancelled already. Umbrella Academy still going strong. Upload on Amazon.. loved it. The Patriot on Amazon. One of the best shows. The Expanse is just one that I've liked so much I am rewatching already.
    You can find the original british utopia on amazon which actually has two full seasons