Thread: Raise Dead and Post-Raise Health

Default Raise Dead and Post-Raise Health

Could someone explain how the amount of health you're raised with is calculated? Does it vary? If so, is it random or dependent on the raiser's training? This is a mechanic I've never understood and which causes a lot of trepidation when someone offers to raise me with a lot of bleeding wounds.

Anyone have a firm grasp on this?

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Raise_Dead_%28318%29

A cleric with less than 25 ranks in the 300's circle will raise a character to 1 health and 1 spirit point.

A cleric with 25-39 ranks in the 300's circle will raise a character to 10% of that character's max health & spirit.

A cleric with 40+ ranks in the 300's will raise a character to 50% of that character's max health and spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by droit View Post
    This is a mechanic I've never understood and which causes a lot of trepidation when someone offers to raise me with a lot of bleeding wounds.
    I always get a kick out of the reactions I get when I tell a vaporized person I'm about to raise them. Even my best friend, who trusts me completely, had reservations when I did it to her

..and before anyone raises hell..

Yes, I make sure they're not AFK.. yes I know they have the health to handle their wounds.. yes, I make sure I have acantha leaf for them to use if needed.

So pretty much anyone besides a cleric is going to raise a person with 1 health point. Well, I'm glad to hear that all my reservations about field raising from a scroll were well founded!