Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your guns!

So been thinking of getting a 2nd handgun. I love my Glock 19, but I shot a Judge at the range and thought it was pretty impressive. I'm not real a carry type - I have a chl, but I don't walk around with my firearm. I'm thinking of picking up a judge as a home defender and varmit / snake eliminator.

Couple questions...

How important is the 3" magnum vs the 2.5"? It seems the 3" mag is a little tougher to find. I noticed .410 ammo is much more abundant in 3". Does it make a huge difference either way in firepower?

I'm not a huge Taurus fan... I noticed S&W has their own version called the Governor. The big advantage I see is it shoots 6 instead of 5, and with that gun I could also fire .45 ACP rounds. Anyone have any experience with this one? It's nearly double the price of the Judge, so wondering if it is worth it.

I've never fired a governor, and don't go 45 auto go 45 colt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Good point. Colt for the epeen.

I'm in for a shock though being used to 9mm ammo costs. $32.95 for 20 rounds of PDX1 .45 lc?!? That's like...3 MILLION GEMSTONE SILVERS!!!

Yeah not looking forward to buying ammo, I haven't had to buy ammo in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Use ammobot.
    Chris

I'm thinking of getting a carry permit just so I can have one of these. Nobody would dare mess with me. Can you imagine spending your whole afterlife admitting you got killed by this thing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

I just got this guy to compliment my PS90, since they use the same ammo.

FNH FiveseveN

57ODG.jpg
    Last edited by Middian; 10-31-2013 at 09:31 AM.

8. Default

Side by side (sorta) with my .40 just to show the difference in bore.

True side by side. The .40 on the left is not a purse gun (although being hammerless it wouldn't be a bad choice in that role) yet it looks pretty tiny next to the Judge. Just love the way that thing looks.

Yours truly.

Imagine what would go through a burglar's mind when confronted with THIS:

Here's a lesson in disappointment: Had this pistol picked out and the money to buy it. Got out of work on payday one morning and the plan was to go directly to the pawnshop where they had TWO Taurus Judges in stainless -- one a short barrel and one a long. I was planning to buy the long. Got in my car, stuck the key in the ignition and.......we're not going anywhere. Damn thing won't start. Really? Today of all days? You couldn't pull this stunt TOMORROW? Great. I'm actually rather lucky in having several mechanics in my wife's family so getting this POS fixed shouldn't be a big deal. And it wasn't. But you need to work around other people's schedules which means it took a few days. Unfortunately, by then my wife had found other things to spend the money on, and fixing the car wasn't free, so I no longer had the cash to buy the Judge. Goddamn.

Then a buddy suggested I could put the thing on layaway. Never having bought anything substantial at a pawnshop before, I did not know they had such a policy. That would at least allow me to keep them from selling the thing out from under me. So I went down and did that instead. Got her paid off and took her home and shot the shit out of her.

I was surprised she didn't kick harder. I mean she does kick. Seems like being front-heavy as she is, this forces the kick back into your hand so there is surprisingly little rise when you fire her. I'll see if I can post a video.
    Last edited by Urisk; 11-08-2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: correcting typos.

Urisk
    Lifebringer of River's Rest.
    "May the river always bring you home."
    http://tinyurl.com/chuckleheads

9. Default

Last edited by Urisk; 11-08-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Video didn't imbed right.

Urisk

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RojoDisco View Post
    Why do you let old ladies wallpaper your house?
    Because we're old

Urisk